Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

If I'm wrong for thinking this, then plz just tell me.

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:14 PM
  • 144 Replies

Mobile Photo

Am i wrong for thinking that this is an inappropriate costume fir an 11 yr old. BM told sd11 that SHE bought it so its ok for her to wear. DH Already emld her that he doesnt approve and i told him that he should do whatever it takes to maje sure she diesnt go out trick or treating in it. This is just irresponsible in my eyes. Si wrong on do many levels. Please lmk what ur take is on it.
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Actually I think it's cute. What don't you like about it?

mz_erica03
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:17 PM
3 moms liked this
If she wore leggings I'd allow it
Rbrown72707
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess it depends on how big SD's chest is.  On a flat-chested person, it seems fine.  Especially she wears black tights underneath.  And, the shoes are a bit much, but you have control over what type of shoe she  wears.  

HotMamaRosie
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Other than the fact that it's sold in lingerie sites, I think it's HUGELY inappropriate for 11. It's under ""Sweet and sexy collection: Riding Hood". 

Quoting whatIknownow:

Actually I think it's cute. What don't you like about it?

HotMamaRosie
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:20 PM

She's busty for her age, I guess a c cup. Maybe. She's on the larger side, about 5'1. Def 180 lbs. but she's 11!

Quoting Rbrown72707:

I guess it depends on how big SD's chest is.  On a flat-chested person, it seems fine.  Especially she wears black tights underneath.  And, the shoes are a bit much, but you have control over what type of shoe she  wears.  

USBrit
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with OP. Maybe she could use the hooded cape and you could find another red dress to go under it.

HotMamaRosie
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I asked: no leggings.  

Quoting mz_erica03:

If she wore leggings I'd allow it

cLanief
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Depends where it goes down to. Im short and most short stuff on models is knee length on me. So it doesnt show anything.
Rbrown72707
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Quoting HotMamaRosie:

She's busty for her age, I guess a c cup. Maybe. She's on the larger side, about 5'1. Def 180 lbs. but she's 11!

Quoting Rbrown72707:

Yeah.  It does have an emphasis on the chest area.  Have you seen it on her?  Can she wear a shirt underneath?  Or, could you pin the cape shut?

looneytunes290
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:25 PM
5 moms liked this
My guess is that in a girl that is 5'1" it won't be that short- I don't shop for my 11 yo on a lingerie site but.... It really doesn't look too bad as long as it isn't too short or low cut when she gets it on. Wow- 5'1" and 180- you have bigger problems than a Halloween costume.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)