Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

CSE wants to push to suspend BM's license...

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:45 AM
  • 10 Replies

DH contacted CSE to ask what was going on with CS, apparently BM stopped paying. She made 3 payments (a little over 1 full month of CS) when they first threatened to suspend her license, and then once CSE stopped threatening her, she stopped paying.

So, the caseworker has said that she's going to threaten BM again, and see what happens, if BM doesn't pay then they'll suspend her license. Apparently she does some type of delivery job, so she may end up losing her job... Which, seems to be kinda stupid. She has a job and isn't paying, how is making her lose her job going to force her to pay?

But, I guess that's on her.

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
D-Town
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 5:47 AM

The problem is hers. If she doesn't want to lose her license, she'll pay her CS. Supporting your children is not an optional thing to do. It's a requirement. Only she has the power to prevent it.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:46 AM

They will threaten her, she can make a small payment and then go another few months without paying.  Nothing will come of it.

amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:56 AM

The CS collection unit told me last month that they were going to suspend my ds father because it's been 4 months from the tax intercept but I looked at te active warrants and he's wanted for driving on a suspended license 

kristinbugg
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:21 AM
It's BM's problem.

If she'd have contributed to her child's financial support and not been a jackass, she wouldn't be in this predicament .

I have ZERO sympathy for parents who do not pay CS.
pseudomamma
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Can't they do a withholding from her wages?

DeliteCrazy
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:14 PM
If she was paying all along, she wouldn't be at risk to lose her license.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlg12678
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:15 PM

while I get that pulling a license is a result of not paying I kinda think it's a bad idea. Why? Because how is someone suppossed to either do their job or get to work if they can't drive? Seems counter productive.

DeliteCrazy
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Well...if they were paying even a little bit, they wouldn't be a risk for losing their license.

Quoting jlg12678:

while I get that pulling a license is a result of not paying I kinda think it's a bad idea. Why? Because how is someone suppossed to either do their job or get to work if they can't drive? Seems counter productive.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Only if she keeps her job and doesn't work under the table.

Quoting pseudomamma:

Can't they do a withholding from her wages?

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 6:43 PM

I agree, it's not the most effective way to ensure a payment.

Although, in an email BM sent to DH she claims to be working 48 hours a week, even at minimum wage in our state she'd make at least $2000 a month, minus taxes. She has at least 3 college/trade school certificates and at least 1 associates degree (that we know of for sure), so her income potential is quite a bit higher than minimum wage.

I don't know what her personal bills look like, but I do know she has a roommate and only pays about $350 for her apartment (the rate for her complex is $700 a month). 

Her CS amount is only set at $148 a month. So really, there's not much of an excuse for not paying, other than she's mad a DH for refusing to stop the CS. which he COULD do, but because SD gets medical through the state they'd still do medical enfocement. But honestly, she should be supporting her kid especially considering that we provide clothes, hygiene supplies, and therapy supplies every time SD goes to visits with BM, and we pay well over $400 in gas each month to get SD too and from her many appointments. 

Quoting jlg12678:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN