Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

You think I needed his ex girlfriend(bm) approval before I married my dh??

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:57 PM
  • 58 Replies
Seriously???? I should have checked in with his ex girlfriend and had her approval before I married my dh? LMAO!!!!! WTF!! "Oh excuse me, you cheated on him with your dd in the next room over which made him run for the hills away from you but I wanted to make sure you wouldn't mind if he married me." Now that's a knee slapper!!!
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyNstepmommy
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Bm as always tried keeping my dh's daughter from him. Using SD as a pawn is a fun game to her. Only recently when SD told her mom she wanted to live with us did she tone it down a little. But even still, when she doesn't get her way she threatens to have her live with her again. My situation is a little different than most. Dh and bm had sex and got pregnant at 13 yrs old. No marriage obviously. She hates me because well. ..I'm not too sure. It all started when I had a fb status saying how nice it was for dh to have all his ladies(me, and his 3 daughters) all with him. She barked back saying I will never take her place and her daughter will never like me...soooooo if she acted this way to a fb status she probably would have kicked the can if I wanted her support of our marriage.
livingrlovesong
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:21 AM
2 moms liked this
I think if that were the case, most step moms wouldn't actually be step moms if it were up to BM. Lol
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:02 AM
1 mom liked this
My SS is 12 and we have no expectation of DH and SS being close in his adult years, however that is nothing in comparison to what we would have lost if we didn't have our family together, having that whole, is more important than any one person.

Quoting looneytunes290:

I think you will find that any sm who has lived through her dh suffering through parental alienation the way mine has will understand my post. Also- it may not be important to some families to be close, loving, families. That has always been a priority with dh and I. Having a bp that is bit in board with that complicates things a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyNstepmommy
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this
So did you get bm's support of your marriage before you married dh?

Quoting leegirl_jm:

My SS is 12 and we have no expectation of DH and SS being close in his adult years, however that is nothing in comparison to what we would have lost if we didn't have our family together, having that whole, is more important than any one person.

Quoting looneytunes290:

I think you will find that any sm who has lived through her dh suffering through parental alienation the way mine has will understand my post. Also- it may not be important to some families to be close, loving, families. That has always been a priority with dh and I. Having a bp that is bit in board with that complicates things a lot.

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:35 AM

??

what are you talking about.

mommyNstepmommy
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Needing your dh's ex to support your marriage before you marry him to make your life easier and your family closer. I wouldn't ever dream of asking for her blessing. My family's bond is deep without her.

Quoting whatIknownow:

??

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Is this a spin off from another post or something?

It certainly is easier when the mother of your stepchildren does not hate you. That is true for any close associates or family members that your new husband  has. Dischord in the family always puts the marriage at risk. But people generally get married anyway, even when they can't stand the husband's ex-wife, or his mother, or his other connections.

Quoting mommyNstepmommy:

Needing your dh's ex to support your marriage before you marry him to make your life easier and your family closer. I wouldn't ever dream of asking for her blessing. My family's bond is deep without her.

Quoting whatIknownow:

??

mommyNstepmommy
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Yes.."Is it possible to have a successful marriage without both bp support". She stated that anyone wanting to marry someone with kids should get both of the bp's support beforehand. Now, obviously things would be a hell of a lot smoother that way...but I think 8out of 10times it is almost impossible.
looneytunes290
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:13 AM
I said Iif you want to be a successful sp-- it is difficult to be a successful sp without both bp support. It might be possible if the NCP was indifferent. Geesh don't take it so seriously- it isn't like I'm judging anyone who does marry without a BMs support- I did- I just think life would have been easier for my skids if my dh hadn't re married. We are happy overall- but they don't have much to do with him and it's hard.

Quoting mommyNstepmommy:

Yes.."Is it possible to have a successful marriage without both bp support". She stated that anyone wanting to marry someone with kids should get both of the bp's support beforehand. Now, obviously things would be a hell of a lot smoother that way...but I think 8out of 10times it is almost impossible.
mommyNstepmommy
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:31 AM
So then I MUST have BM's support to be a successful so? So all the sm's who don't have the support of both BP's are unsuccessful?? Really????

Quoting looneytunes290:

I said Iif you want to be a successful sp-- it is difficult to be a successful sp without both bp support. It might be possible if the NCP was indifferent. Geesh don't take it so seriously- it isn't like I'm judging anyone who does marry without a BMs support- I did- I just think life would have been easier for my skids if my dh hadn't re married. We are happy overall- but they don't have much to do with him and it's hard.

Quoting mommyNstepmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)