Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Really?? Wth BM?

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:45 PM
  • 20 Replies
Soo my next door neighbors dd13 came by to bring us some cup cakes her mom made, and told me that BM flipped her off this afternoon while getting YSS off the bus 😳 really idc what pea brain excuse she has it is not ok to flip off a 13yr old girl, BM is a 33yr old adult she should act like it. Everytime I think BM is starting to act like a mature adult she does something like this to totally redem herself and go back to moron status IMO. No, DH has not asked her for her side of the story yet but he will.
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:47 PM
2 moms liked this

DH should not ask BM anything. Whats he going to do about it? Spank her? Ground her? This is just drama for the sake of drama. Ignore it tell the girl to ignore and move on.

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:52 PM
I thought someone would ask what her side of the story was. Yes I know there is nothing I can do about it but no I'm not ok w/her flipping off my next door neighbors kid. I'm sure you would be pretty annoyed too.

Quoting soonergirl980:

DH should not ask BM anything. Whats he going to do about it? Spank her? Ground her? This is just drama for the sake of drama. Ignore it tell the girl to ignore and move on.

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

mmmm I wouldn't care because it would be none of my business neighbor kid is not my kid and I can't control other adults behavior so it's pointless to get worked up about.

Quoting Leigh84:

I thought someone would ask what her side of the story was. Yes I know there is nothing I can do about it but no I'm not ok w/her flipping off my next door neighbors kid. I'm sure you would be pretty annoyed too.

Quoting soonergirl980:

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Mmm that's good for you. I think flipping of a 13yr is immature

Quoting soonergirl980:

mmmm I wouldn't care because it would be none of my business neighbor kid is not my kid and I can't control other adults behavior so it's pointless to get worked up about.

Quoting Leigh84:

Quoting soonergirl980:

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I never said it wasn't I said its pointless to ask mom about it or get worked up about it.

Quoting Leigh84:

Mmm that's good for you. I think flipping of a 13yr is immature

Quoting soonergirl980:

Quoting Leigh84:

Quoting soonergirl980:

amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I have to agree not worrying about her side of things... I would be annoyed but it goes back to what can you do about? Apologize to the neighbor kid and suggest she stay far away from her. Confronting her will just let her know it bothers you guys.

Quoting Leigh84:

Quoting soonergirl980:

kellynh
by Kelly on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:10 PM

If it happened to my own dd(13), I would use it as a teachable moment. Some parents would rather do that then have someone else confront. Did her mom question her?  Do you know if she told her mom? 

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:17 PM
She said she told her mom and her mom told her to ignore it. I felt bad (even tho obviously that had nothing to do w/me) b/c this girl was really upset about it.

Quoting kellynh:

If it happened to my own dd(13), I would use it as a teachable moment. Some parents would rather do that then have someone else confront. Did her mom question her?  Do you know if she told her mom? 

kellynh
by Kelly on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:00 PM
3 moms liked this

It sucks that she got flipped off by an adult, but.. You kind of sound like you feel guilty over it?? It's misplaced guilt if that is what you are feeling. You can't be held accountable for what someone else does. 

I would have made it more teachable then " ignore it" but I'm glad she did tell her Mom. Lol, I might have told my dd to blow her a kiss if she did it again and it was the same situation. It deflects the behavior in a non aggressive way. 

Quoting Leigh84:

She said she told her mom and her mom told her to ignore it. I felt bad (even tho obviously that had nothing to do w/me) b/c this girl was really upset about it.

Quoting kellynh:

minimoo
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
This. If anything, the parent of the 13 yo can confront her.

Quoting soonergirl980:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN