Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Omg I feel so bad

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:41 PM
  • 23 Replies
I feel so bad for ss. He is 3 and he was potty trained at 2 1/2 but he's gone through so many big changes this year and has completely stopped going on the potty. That was frustrating but not a huge deal. Now I just feel so bad for him and I don't know what to do. He holds in his poop and gets constipated to where he screams trying to hold it in. And about every ten minutes I check his pull up and he's pooped just a very little bit. Enougj to have to wipe him because he got a horrible rash (raw and bleeding) from someone not changing him and the poop stayed on there and got crusty. So I have to wipe him and change him about every ten minutes while the poop is still soft and wipes off easily. But all the wiping is making the rash worse but if I just leave the poop on there it will get worse too. I stopped using wipes and only wipe him with a wet washcloth now and put cream on it. And he screams and kicks and fights everytime because it hurts so bad. Seriously this is anywhere from every ten to thirty minutes. When all this first started I made him drink four cups of apple juice and made him take a nap. When he got up he took a big poop and he was fine the rest of the day and the next day. Then he went to his gmas for about four days and she called me freaking out because it was the same thing all over again. His mom didn't renew his medicaid so SO had to take him to the ER. SO said the effing quack Dr. that saw him didn't do anything and told him to give him a laxative and put baby powder on the rash. His gma gave him a lax and he got it all out and was fine for the rest of the day but the next day went right back to holding it in and only letting a little bit out at a time. I find it hard to believe that we are supposed to get him laxatives everyday and baby powder on the horrible raw bleeding rash. He will not eat anything healthy so it's hard to get any fiber in him. I feel so helpless I don't know what to do to help him! Him jumping around everywhere and everyone doing different things does NOT help. He's at his mom's about one weekend per month, at SO's mom's house basically whenever she wants him (3-4 days at a time a couple times per month). And when he's here he's with me everyday except Mondays and Thursdays and SO has him. This situation is so out of hand the poor kid is really suffering and having a hard time. I just don't know what to do.
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kellynh
by Kelly on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:07 PM
3 moms liked this

Pediatric Glycerin Suppositories would be better for a choice... If he was backed up. However, I would make stewed prunes, blender u til smooth, mix it with applesauce, blend till mixed add Cinnimon. Tastes great and helps keep things moving.

For a rash, irritation... EITHER BAG BALM or A&D PREVENT... Not the white one.. The petroleum based.. Not zinc oxide. 

ALSO.. Make him smoothies!! You can mask the taste of veggies in there. 

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Let him soak in the tub. It will help with the rash.

crazymomma87
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Thank you, yes he sits in the tub about 2-3 times a day. Doesn't really help too much though when he poops again right after he gets out.

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

kristinbugg
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:16 PM
5 moms liked this
Aveno oatmeal packs, poured into lukewarm bath water will help with the rash.

I'd also do cornstarch (you can get it in the baking aisle) and A&D Prevent.
kristinbugg
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Have you tried letting him go naked at home?

Quoting crazymomma87:

Thank you, yes he sits in the tub about 2-3 times a day. Doesn't really help too much though when he poops again right after he gets out.

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

annabl1970
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Pears are good too. You can steam pears too.
Also dried organic apricots, soak them in the water for at least a two hours and let him eat them and drink the water the fruits were soaked in.
I hope it helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazymomma87
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:28 PM
There's all kinds of stuff we can do to make his poop smooth and help with the rash, but I know it won't get better until we fix the root of the problem which is him holding it in. Idc if I get bashed for saying this because it's true...I potty trained him when he stayed with us for 2 weeks and he did great for 6 months until his mom had his little sister and she basically sent him to live with us. The first time she took him for the weekend, she brought him back and said he went in the baby's room, hid behind the door and pooped in his pants. I was really surprised because he hadn't had an accident in months. And ever since then he's been holding it in. I have stopped putting him on the potty and told him it was ok to go in his pants if he can just let it all come out that way. That's the only thing I can really think to do to get him to stop holding it in, to make him realize he's not going to get in trouble for going in his pants. I've also tried calmly explaining to him that the reason why it hurts is because he's holding it in and he needs to relax, breathe and just let it come out. Nothing works I feel so bad
mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Ahhhh stop using wipes!!! Use a warm washcloth.

A&D has a new cream out. The packaging is blue. I just got done using it on DD. cleared up her blistery rash in 2 days!
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Yep, this helps.

Plus, the oatmeal suggestion and cornstarch idea.

DS had chronic diaper rash as a infant/toddler due to needing to be on antibiotics all the time due to ear infections until he had his tonsils and adenoids out and tubes in his ears. It was awful.

Using something that bag balm or vaseline as a barrier works well.

Quoting kristinbugg:

Have you tried letting him go naked at home?

Quoting crazymomma87:

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

kristinbugg
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Another idea just occurred.

Can your DH take SS to his pedi and ask for Nystatin cream? YSD had a HORRIBLE diaper rash when she was a toddler and Nystatin was awesome.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)