Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Model BMs, anyone? Real story, not a pro-BM made-up story

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:20 AM
  • 42 Replies

In the USA

SOMEWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD

Colombian accused of selling virginity of 12 daughters

By Mariano Castillo and Rafael Romo, CNN
updated 2:59 PM EDT, Mon October 28, 2013

A mother of 14 in Colombia tried to make ends meet, police say, by pushing her daughters into "hell" and selling their virginity for a couple hundred dollars.

Margarita de Jesus Zapata Moreno, 45, was arrested this week together with a 51-year-old contractor who police believe impregnated one of the young daughters.

She broke down in tears when she stood in front of the cameras after being arrested in Bogota, the Colombian capital. The Bogota Metropolitan Police say Zapata sold the virginity of 12 daughters to much older men seeking to have sex with young virgins.

Authorities also say the suspect would begin selling her daughters to men as soon as the girls turned 12 years old. She charged anywhere between 300,000 and 400,000 Colombian Pesos ($160 to $212) for a virgin.

But Zapata strongly denies the accusation. Colombian authorities often show high-profile suspects to the media shortly after arresting them. When Zapata was standing in front of the cameras Wednesday, one of the reporters shouted a question to her: "Did you prostitute your daughters?" She answered: "No, my darling."

Colombian police say they learned of this alleged case of abuse because one of the alleged victims stepped forward. Authorities say one of the suspect's daughters forced into prostitution gave birth to a baby boy when she was 14. She had refused her mother's orders to have an abortion.

Colonel Carlos Melendez, a Bogota Metropolitan Police spokesman, told CNN affiliate Caracol TV the young girl described to investigators the "hell" in which she lived when she was still a prepubescent girl, about being forced to have sex with much older men in her home and about a life of abuse and neglect.

"She was a minor and she still had the courage to report the abuse and also to refuse to have an abortion. That's when this investigation started, from the threats of her own mother," Melendez said.

The investigation took more than a year to complete because the only witness willing to testify, the 14-year-old girl, now 16, disappeared, apparently because she feared her mother would kill her for going to the police.

After she reappeared, she also told authorities about a man who had sex with her and got her pregnant.

Police arrested a 51-year-old man who investigators say fathered the son of the girl who was 14 years old when the baby was born. The suspect declined to comment at Wednesday's police presentation.

Police are asking the rest of the daughters to provide more information about this case. "Those who are watching or listening to us, we would like to ask them to come to the police so that they give us information about transpired in this case," Melendez said.

Police investigators say Zapata also forced her older daughters to drink alcohol and do drugs. Some ended up working as prostitutes and are missing, police said.

Police say those two arrests are only the beginning. Investigators say they will also build cases against the men who were having sex with these minors.

According to authorities, only two of Margarita de Jesus Zapata Moreno's 14 children were not forced into prostitution. They were the two youngest -- an 11-year-old boy and a 9-year-old girl -- and they have been placed in the custody of a Colombian government child protection agency.

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:27 AM
That's sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:29 AM
(CNN) -- A North Carolina woman will serve at least 14 years in prison after pleading guilty Thursday to second-degree murder in the death last year of her 10-year-old stepdaughter.
As part of a plea agreement, Elisa Baker admitted killing Zahra Baker and attempting to thwart investigators by planting a fake ransom note at the family's Hickory, North Carolina, home in October 2010. Zahra's body was dismembered and some of the remains were found a month later.
The freckle-faced girl's disappearance and search drew national attention. Zahra had lost part of her left leg at age 5 and lost hearing in both her ears while undergoing treatment for cancer.
Dressed in a pink jail jumpsuit, Baker answered Judge Timothy Kincaid's questions in a soft voice during her plea hearing Thursday. Kincaid advised her that she will face between 14 years, nine months, and 18 years, six months in prison.
Kincaid had already agreed to move Baker's murder trial out of Catawba County because of pretrial publicity in the case. The judge was supposed to announce Monday where the trial would be held, according to CNN affiliate WCNC, but that hearing was put on hold because of the pending plea deal.
Baker also pleaded guilty to charges of obstruction of justice, bigamy, obtaining property by false pretenses and identity fraud.
In the plea agreement she signed, and also under questioning Thursday, Baker admitted to several aggravating factors in the case, including "a history and pattern of physical, verbal and psychological abuse of the victim." Moreover, Baker said she "secreted the victim from family and others" and "desecrated the victim's body to hinder detection," hampering the police investigation as a result.
She also accepted statutory aggravating factors, namely that "the victim was very young, physically infirm or handicapped" and that "the defendant took advantage of a position of trust or confidence ... to commit the offense."
A call placed Thursday to Baker's court-appointed attorney was not immediately returned.
District Attorney James Gaither Jr., whose district includes Burke, Caldwell and Catawba counties, told CNN he "absolutely" feels that justice was served, while adding that he wished "the law and the facts were more favorable to the state."
Gaither said it was unexpected when Elisa Baker chose to cooperate with authorities on a case that caused "confusion and outrage and real frustration" in the North Carolina community.
In a statement, he said that he agreed to the plea deal to avoid "the risk ... that Elisa Baker would avoid responsibility for her part in the death of Zahra."
"The probability was that without her cooperation, law enforcement would not locate Zahra's body," Gaither said. "The probability of a successful prosecution for first-degree murder was likewise very unlikely."
The district attorney said he had consulted with Emily Dietrich, the late girl's biological mother who lives in Australia. He said she was "pleased and satisfied" with the case's conclusion.
Court documents in the case show that Baker told authorities Zahra was killed two weeks before she was reported missing. Authorities found the fake ransom note at the home.
One criminal investigator testified at Thursday's hearing that Baker told authorities she found Zahra not breathing on September 24, 2010, according to WCNC.
Investigations have no "credible evidence" to suggest that anyone other than Elisa Baker was involved in Zahra's death, Gaither said in February.
CNN's Joe Sutton contributed to this report.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:31 AM
A Dallas jury will return Tuesday to continue deliberations in the sentencing phase of the trial of Tina Marie Alberson for the dehydration death of her stepson.

Prosecutors want a sentence of life in prison, the defense wants the jury to sentence her to 5 years behind bars.

The jury found Alberson guilty Friday of second degree felony injury to a child for depriving her stepson of water for several days.

Police said Alberson and the boy's father, Michael James, forced the 10-year-old boy, Johnathan James, to go without water for five days as a form of punishment.

The boy died July 25, 2011, after he was found unresponsive in his home in the 5500 block of Elmleaf Court. Due to the hot summer and string of 100 degree days, police said they originally thought the boy's death was heat-related until the medical examiner ruled otherwise.

The boy's parents were then charged with his death.

Prosecutor Carmen White, in closing arguments Friday, described the case as cruel and unusual punishment.

"She had the ability to deny him what he wanted, which was the TV, but what she chose to do is deny him what he needed, his water. We can't deny people the basic necessities of life," White said Friday.

Alberson was charged with first degree felony injury to a child, for which she could have faced life in prison. The jury convicted her on a lesser charge, second degree felony injury to a child which carries a maximum sentence of 20 years.

Alberson may still be sentenced up to life in prison due to a previous conviction.

The case against the boy's father is scheduled to begin next month.

NBC 5's Ken Kalthoff, Mark Schnyder and Lita Beck contributed to this report.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:31 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm not sure what the point of this post is. Yes, there are horrible people in the world and sometimes they are mothers. Would you like me to post the article about the dad and stepmom convicted of murdering his 15 year old daughter? Or the ones that beat their 6 year old daughter to death? Or the stepmom that bash in her 2 year old step daughters head after sexually assulting her? I could post them but why? I don't think these sick assholes are represenitive of fathers or stepmothers.

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:34 AM
ATTALLA, Ala. (AP) — Roger Simpson said he looked down the road and saw a little girl running outside her home but didn't give it another thought. Police, however, said the man witnessed a murder in progress.

Authorities say 9-year-old Savannah Hardin died after being forced to run for three hours as punishment for having lied to her grandmother about eating candy bars. Severely dehydrated, the girl had a seizure and died days later. Now, her grandmother and stepmother who police say meted out the punishment were taken to jail Wednesday and face murder charges.

Witnesses told deputies Savannah was told to run and not allowed to stop for three hours on Friday, an Etowah County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman said. The girl's stepmother, 27-year-old Jessica Mae Hardin, called police at 6:45 p.m., telling them Savannah was having a seizure and was unresponsive.

Simpson said he saw a little girl running at around 4 p.m., but didn't see anybody chasing or coercing her.

"I saw her running down there, that's what I told the detectives," Simpson said from his home on a hill overlooking the Hardins. "But I don't see how that would kill her."

Authorities are still trying to determine whether Savannah was forced to run by physical coercion or by verbal commands. Deputies were told the girl was made to run after lying to her grandmother, 46-year-old Joyce Hardin Garrard, about having eaten the candy, sheriff's office spokeswoman Natalie Barton said.

Savannah Hardin died Monday at Children's Hospital in Birmingham, according to a news release from the sheriff's office. The sheriff's release said an autopsy report showed the girl was extremely dehydrated and had a very low sodium level. A state pathologist ruled it a homicide.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Done.

Quoting soonergirl980:

I'm not sure what the point of this post is. Yes, there are horrible people in the world and sometimes they are mothers. Would you like me to post the article about the dad and stepmom convicted of murdering his 15 year old daughter? Or the ones that beat their 6 year old daughter to death? Or the stepmom that bash in her 2 year old step daughters head after sexually assulting her? I could post them but why? I don't think these sick assholes are represenitive of fathers or stepmothers.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pdxmum
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:36 AM
2 moms liked this

You have done this before spicy when you post some random article about horrific acts by sick people and somehow want to tie them to BMs.

You are heading down the road to crazy again...

pdxmum
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

so where was he father of all these children???

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Stepmom gets life for toddler's murder

By Charles E. Ramirez - DetroitNews.com

April 10, 2012

Mount Clemens — A 30-year-old New Haven woman was sentenced Tuesday in Macomb Circuit Court to life in prison for the 2010 murder of her stepdaughter.

Renee King was also sentenced to up to 50 years for first-degree criminal sexual conduct and up to 15 years for first-degree child abuse.

After a two-week trial in February, a jury found King guilty of killing 2-year-old Lily Furneaux-Wolfenbarger in November 2010. She was charged with first-degree murder, first-degree child abuse and first-degree criminal sexual conduct with a person under the age of 13.

On Tuesday, King declined to speak before Judge Diane Druzinski sentenced her, but her attorney spoke.

"Miss King maintains her innocence," said Jason Malkiewicz. "It's been a nightmare for her."

Lily Furneaux's parents, Lauren Furneaux and Jeffrey Wolfenbarger both read statements to the court before King was sentenced.

"My everything was taken from me," Furneaux said. "I'll never see Lily's first day of school … her wedding day. But you won't see those things with your children, either."

Wolfenbarger said King's act in taking his daughter's life was selfish, unthinkable and sick.

"You destroyed the lives of so many people," he said. "You can ask God for forgiveness, but you won't get it from me."

The courtroom was packed with families and supporters of the parents. Many donned T-shirts that said, "Fight like a Furneaux," "Justice for Lily," and "I am Lily's voice." Some carried giant photos of Lily.

Police say Jeffrey Wolfenbarger left Lily in King's care when he left for work. At the time, he and King were married and lived at a home in a trailer park in New Haven.

Later in the day, King called 911 to report the little girl was unresponsive, officials said.

Authorities say King gave investigators inconsistent statements about what happened to the girl.

An autopsy showed evidence of a sexual assault and that the girl died from blunt-force trauma to the head.

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Justice for Lily

I've followed the story since it happened. Lily was just 2 weeks younger than my youngest DD. I just can't even imagine...

And you're right, there are horrible people, being a mom or a step-mom doesn't make someone inherently evil or good. 

Quoting soonergirl980:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)