Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Can anyone help me with info on getting rights too my step son if you know he is being abused in the house?

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 5:08 PM
  • 19 Replies

I have a step son and his father my husband is in prison and his sons mother is very unfit and cant do anything for her son and my mother and father in law have too buy everything for him and she slaps him around and gets mad when he does things  that a child does! i would really like too see if i can get custody or rights too him while his dad is in prison he only has 18 months left but my worst fear is that he wont make it much longer if he stays in the house hold. His mother is also pregnant with her 3rd child and neither her or her bf have jobs. Her parents take car of her daughter they support her with anything she needs but they wont help out with my step son. I have been in his life since he was born and he is 2 now. If anyone can help me out that would be great

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BasketballMama8
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

call cps? 

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 5:18 PM

How old are you?

pepper504
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 5:26 PM

You need to speak to an attorney to see if you have ANY grounds to try to get temp custody of the child. 

BasketballMama8
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 5:30 PM

his mother may be unfit... but I have to point out that his FATHER is unfit.... hes in jail! and what do you mean "slaps him around"? do you mean she beats him? or do you mean spankings? sure she has no job but sorry, that doesnt make her unfit! 

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 5:56 PM
If his dad is incarcerated, I would say you don't have a good chance. If you have concerns about abuse, you can report it to CPS.
ramita
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Report to CPS. You probably won't get anything, but his paternal grandparents might be able to.
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Why is  your husband in jail?

jules2boys
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

CPS is all I'd suggest.  I don't see why any court would give you guardianship or custody of the boy.  Do the grandparents (maternal or paternal) see the abuse as well? 

girlcitycountry
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Call CPS. The grandparents might be able get guardianship.

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Troll.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)