Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

BM threatened my husband one last time.

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:09 PM
  • 363 Replies
1 mom liked this
I will make this short!
My husband finally made an appointment today with his attorney, yes I went too!
BM has threatened one to many times.
We found out in the meeting, my husband has been paying 200$ over a month in child support than what the guide lines are. She's also going to have what my husband pays every month in healthcare for his girls subtracted from her child support! Next, mediation;)
She's given us so much hell since we've been together and long before that. I am proud of my husband for standing up for himself and not letting her push and threaten him any longer. He found out they do have joint custody of the girl's! It's not whatever she says when she says it! She is so mean and hateful towards my husband all of the time.

I need input, is it wrong to want rights as a dad all of the time, not just when she's in a good mood??
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OregonMom80
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Nope, totally normal. My DH did it too over a year ago. BM was pissier at first, but she realized that court hadn't gone well for her and when she realized DH would enforce the new CO by filing contempt things mostly are better.
minimoo
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Does he not have a visitation order and cs order?
packermom4ever
by Still The Queen on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:32 PM

According to that lawyer.  We had a lawyer say the agreed upon amount was about right for us, but when he thought he needed to fight for custody and he lost he had his new lawyer do the numbers again.  It went up by 200.  And that was with the insurance credit.  

I'm just saying - don't put all your hopes on what one lawyer says.  Get other opinions.

kristinbugg
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:38 PM
8 moms liked this
How is it BM's fault that BD wasn't responsible or intelligent enough to figure out that he has joint custody and that he is paying hundreds of dollars over the appropriate amount of CS?
afwife817
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Yes I know. This is the same attorney he used before. All this attorney did was use the Utah calculator for child support and it showed he's been paying 200$ to much a month. And we both thought it was high for us having the kids 50% of the time, but it wasn't really an issue since we could afford it. This visit with the attorney wasn't about money until he brought it up and did the math:) He's been paying a total of $800 a month that includes child support and a settlement that ends next month. Husband also provides health insurance for the girls and was suggested that monthly fee he pays for that is deducted from her child support as well. The whole reason for the app with attourney today was to see exactley what was in the divorce decree and what are his rights as a dad since it was so open and vague. We would of never needed to even go there if it wasn't for BM threatning and demanding him to help her out and make life easier on her....

She treats him like crap all of the time and until today he has just put up with it. Maybe now he is ready to just be his girls dad and not be at her beck and call all of the time. 

Quoting packermom4ever:

According to that lawyer.  We had a lawyer say the agreed upon amount was about right for us, but when he thought he needed to fight for custody and he lost he had his new lawyer do the numbers again.  It went up by 200.  And that was with the insurance credit.  

I'm just saying - don't put all your hopes on what one lawyer says.  Get other opinions.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:23 AM
6 moms liked this

Good for him, he should have consulted an attorney a long time ago but I understand in these situations a lot of persons aren't quick to involve lawyers. Circumstances change so hope things go as expected for him. BM regularly threatens my husband but it is a joke for us because we all know she doesn't have a leg to stand on.

afwife817
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Thanx:)

And this BM doesn't have a leg to stand on either. She has treated him so terrible for so long that it's effecting us:( I can't stand to see the way she is with the girls and him too. What sparked the app for today was his oldest is interested in taking a dance class. The one she wants to do falls on a Wednesday evening  which is BM night. My husband b/c he's such a great dad offered to pick daughter up from school that day, feed her dinner, take her to her dance class, drop her back off at her moms house and pay for all of it not asking for anything more than a couple extra hrs on Wednesday. The BM said no way, only if HE pays for her dance class on Wednesday she will take her to it....And if he's NOT willing to now pay for the dance class, he's going to have to tell their daughter he's keeping the mom out of activities etc...She's had over a yr to put her daughter into something and has never mentioned anything. And now there is a class for DD and BM twists it around to look like BD is the bad guy. Luckily he has two smart little girls who know the truth...I hope:) He's just asking for his rights as a dad, not for sole custody at all...

Quoting leegirl_jm:

Good for him, he should have consulted an attorney a long time ago but I understand in these situations a lot of persons aren't quick to involve lawyers. Circumstances change so hope things go as expected for him. BM regularly threatens my husband but it is a joke for us because we all know she doesn't have a leg to stand on.

afwife817
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:46 AM

:)

I guess you have to decide when enough is enough and he did. She's not going to be to happy, but she never is anyway. She threatens him all of the time so he just wanted to double check and see what his rights are:)

Quoting OregonMom80:

Nope, totally normal. My DH did it too over a year ago. BM was pissier at first, but she realized that court hadn't gone well for her and when she realized DH would enforce the new CO by filing contempt things mostly are better.

buckeyefever
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I am happy he is standing up and doing something about it. I wish that my uncle would have done it sooner with his boys and maybe it would have played out better but than again his ex wife is out for blood most of the time anyway. I am so glad that I don't have to deal with her psycho tendencies anymore.

afwife817
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:03 AM

He is finally standing up to her...finally. 

And I know all about that. The BM is always wanting more money some how. $700 seems like alot when you're not an every other weekend kind of dad. We have them 3-4 nights a week, it allternates...

She even had the nerve to ask him for some vacation money this summer while the kids went to her parents house for a few weeks lol yeah I know!!

Quoting buckeyefever:

I am happy he is standing up and doing something about it. I wish that my uncle would have done it sooner with his boys and maybe it would have played out better but than again his ex wife is out for blood most of the time anyway. I am so glad that I don't have to deal with her psycho tendencies anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN