Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Unfit Father

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:35 PM
  • 14 Replies

http://consumerist.com/2013/11/07/psychologist-deems-dad-unfit-parent-for-not-feeding-mcdonalds-to-5-yr-old/

So I'm sure you've seen the article by now. Father is deemed unfit for not giving into a child's fit and buying a crappy meal for his son. Son is given the choice of anywhere but MCDs or nothing and he chooses nothing. Mom overreacts when her son is returned to her that evening and is hungry (as he chose to not eat dinner) so she calls the shrink dealing with the divorce case and the shrink deems the father unfit. Oh, and mommy dearest makes sure her wittle boy gets his crappy meal before bed.

Thoughts?

I am hoping that mom's actions are questioned during the next custody hearing. She sounds like a super mom.

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Damn, I guess I'm unfit too.

And we wonder why kids are brats

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM

then dh is a shitty parent because for 4 yrs that's all ss7 would eat. I would love for my ex to try that shit with me.

Some ppl should need a special license to have kids.

momof2cuteboys
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

First I didn't think a shrink can declare him unfit on this basis.  Why would you call a shrink about this anyway.  I don't get any of this.  So BF didn't feed him because of DS choice/fit... BM could have just drove him to MCD's and got the happy meal without calling a shrink.  Crazy!

Leigh84
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Same here

Quoting Polkadotted:

Damn, I guess I'm unfit too.

And we wonder why kids are brats

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Ha! I am unfit as well.
Melina74
by Melina on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:29 AM

There's gotta be more to the story...right? Even if the wife is telling the shrink all kinds of lies about the dad, she had to have more to go on than he's unfit because he refused to get the kid fast food...?

tardiskitty
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I suppose I'm unfit as well. You eat the dinner I cook or go to bed hungry. She's never opted to go to bed hungry though... adult or child, you don't always get what you want and the whole world won't revolve around you.
kellynh
by Kelly on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

And I'd love to see the full story!! 

DDDaysh
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Ya, I'm sure there's NOTHING more to this story than that.  eye rolling

DDDaysh
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:42 AM

This is like the story where the Applebees supposedly through out the couple because they were black...  but it turns out their child was literally running around the restaurant. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)