Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

giving bm gifts

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:58 PM
  • 36 Replies
I saw a post in MC and thought it would be a good question here - Do you send BM gifts (cards, sweets, etc)? If you do, why?
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cLanief
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:00 PM
No. Im also a bm and would be creeped out by it. My mom is the one that does cards and stuff from the kids lol
Leigh84
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I have done that in the past as a nice gesture but I don't anymore. I guess now I feel like that's something for the kids to do for their mom, not me.
ksuttle2012
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:05 PM

No. Can't say I haven't thought about it to be nice, but as a BM it would weird me out a little.

SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I have encouraged SS to make BM stuff or buy something so he could make her a card or gift...mainly cause I knew no one else was helping him out with her gifts.
LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM

When I was a SM and if SD and I baked something (cookies, cupcakes, muffins) she would ask to bring some home to BM's to share.  BM was asked ahead of time if it was okay; if was great, if it wasn't fine.  Never gifts or cards though.  And they were not from me as SM, it was made clear that SD assisted in baking the items and wanted to share the treats with the rest of her family.  I do not think BM was creeped out by that, she raised a generous daughter.

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Sometimes we send her gifts fom the kids. It's been a while though.

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:08 PM

No, but I did help SD make BM a present for Mother's day this year.

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I'm BM & I have yet to get anything. BUT I don't expect anything either. And I'm sure GF doesn't expect them to get her anything either. Especially considering the rocky start we all had.

kellynh
by Kelly on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM

No

kellynh
by Kelly on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Well, with th skids from the skids. Is that what you meant? 

Quoting kellynh:

No

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)