Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

shes turning 13!!!......

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 4:34 AM
  • 20 Replies
And I want to make her birthday memorable.....

Ideas for a party or event we can do?

Id like to go over the top since we didn't do much the last few bdays....
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 4:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:09 AM

when I turned 13-I did a skating party-we rented the rink for a few hours and had a blast. It all depends on what the child likes really.

ldee78
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:21 AM
We are going to do a masquerade ball next year when my daughter turns 13 :-)
Leigh84
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Depends what she likes. What kind of things is she into
NTMBeth
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Do you have a "Jump America" or anything similiar in your area? That is what my SD13 and her friends are really into.

My SD13 also loved this cake: http://birdonacake.blogspot.com/2012/02/rainbow-tie-dye-cake.html

I did the frosting plain white and she had no idea what the inside of the cake looked like until she cut into it. It was awesome!

We bought SD13 a trampoline for her birthday... she asked all year for one. :) 

kpnthefaith
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM
I'm not too sure wat shes into since she asked bout her bsrbies the other day...lol

I was hoping to do a surprise party...but I dnt know who her closest friends are at school...so not sure how to go about it

Quoting Leigh84:

NTMBeth
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:42 AM

It doesn't sound feasible to do a suprise party. I would talk with her and have her involved in the party planning :)

Quoting kpnthefaith:

I'm not too sure wat shes into since she asked bout her bsrbies the other day...lol

I was hoping to do a surprise party...but I dnt know who her closest friends are at school...so not sure how to go about it

Quoting Leigh84:

Leigh84
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:50 AM
A surprise party does sound a lil hard to plan. I'd aK her what she'd like to do
Bertieb
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I hate my memory, I can't remember exactly what we did for 13 because that was a couple months after my husband left me and we divorced. However I do remember her gift. I bought her a Tiffany heart necklace. It was like $125 and well worth the surprise to get the little blue box and something she could always have to mark the occasion of turning 13.

sara82lee
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this
That cake looks awesome - and easy! I am making this one for the next birthday in our house! Thanks!

Quoting NTMBeth:

Do you have a "Jump America" or anything similiar in your area? That is what my SD13 and her friends are really into.

My SD13 also loved this cake: http://birdonacake.blogspot.com/2012/02/rainbow-tie-dye-cake.html

I did the frosting plain white and she had no idea what the inside of the cake looked like until she cut into it. It was awesome!

NTMBeth
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Its a piece O cake to make (pun intended)

The main thing... be sure to use gel food coloring (Betty Crocker makes great ones that come in neon). They are much more vivid and fun!

Quoting sara82lee:

That cake looks awesome - and easy! I am making this one for the next birthday in our house! Thanks!

Quoting NTMBeth:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)