Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Has this happened to anyone else before with their SKs

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 3:17 PM
  • 6 Replies

You may have seen me post in here more frequently lately and that's because some of you ladies in here are really helpful, so here's another one for you.

We recently started getting SS again, this past weekened was our first visitation in 6 months, with in those 6 months he did do a couple of things and acted out, but nothing to horribly bad.

Well, a little bit ago I got a call from BM saying that SS has been acting out in class every day this week so far, he's in the first grade. He didn't act out here, and he doesn't act out at her house either, and has gotten a lot better. He does suffer from epilepsy and ADHD so last school year towards the end there was a couple bumps while trying to figure out the right medication combo but like I said, so far he has been better. The only difference, is that he came to our place this past weekend and has been yelling at the other students and refusing to do school work, when he goes home, he asks if he can still come over and BM said that she needed to talk to SO about it. They recently moved in August and the couple places they had lived before, he would sometimes break things on purpose, so she did tell him that if he is destructive at their new house that he would be coming to live with us, but like I said he hasn't been destructive at her house.

I was wondering if anyone else has been in this situation, before the 6 months that we didn't get him, he used to say that he wanted to live with us and go to the school by our house, so I don't know if that's it or what. We've all tried to explain to him that just because he gets in trouble, doesn't mean that he's going to automatically come and live with us.

by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

wtf??? If he is bad she is going to send him away?? Did she admit to saying that?

Quoting jessica.kaye08:

They recently moved in August and the couple places they had lived before, he would sometimes break things on purpose, so she did tell him that if he is destructive at their new house that he would be coming to live with us, but like I said he hasn't been destructive at her house.

I was wondering if anyone else has been in this situation, before the 6 months that we didn't get him, he used to say that he wanted to live with us and go to the school by our house, so I don't know if that's it or what. We've all tried to explain to him that just because he gets in trouble, doesn't mean that he's going to automatically come and live with us.

3sillykids
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 3:37 PM

You say that you have explained to him that getting into trouble doesn't mean he is going to come live with you, however earlier you said that BM tells him exactly the opposite. Maybe he is acting out because he is confused and moved around what sounds like a lot.

jessica.kaye08
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know, maybe, I know we all need to sit down ((all four of us meaning SO - BM - SF - and myself)) and let him know that we're all on the same page, that no matter where he is, getting in trouble isn't okay.

DDDaysh
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Ah, another excerpt from the "How to Screw Up a Kid" handbook!  

Geez, I know parenting is often trial and error, but some thing seem like you could figure out they were a bad idea WITHOUT having to try them!  

Quoting whatIknownow:

wtf??? If he is bad she is going to send him away?? Did she admit to saying that?

Quoting jessica.kaye08:

They recently moved in August and the couple places they had lived before, he would sometimes break things on purpose, so she did tell him that if he is destructive at their new house that he would be coming to live with us, but like I said he hasn't been destructive at her house.

LilMamaK
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I agree with this! Let him know that you ALL expect the same from him no matter where he goes! No matter what his issues are, it is NEVER okay to act out like that. Have you tried talking with a behavior analyst? We did that with SS and it has really helped!

Quoting jessica.kaye08:

I don't know, maybe, I know we all need to sit down ((all four of us meaning SO - BM - SF - and myself)) and let him know that we're all on the same page, that no matter where he is, getting in trouble isn't okay.

Mommy to a beautiful daughter (7.5.08), Stepmom to an amazing son(6.5.07), and Angel baby boy(3.6.10)

jessica.kaye08
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:34 PM

He sees a therapist now through our local childrens hospital.

Quoting LilMamaK:

I agree with this! Let him know that you ALL expect the same from him no matter where he goes! No matter what his issues are, it is NEVER okay to act out like that. Have you tried talking with a behavior analyst? We did that with SS and it has really helped!

Quoting jessica.kaye08:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)