Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

you got be kidding me !!!

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 6:30 PM
  • 26 Replies
So my stepdaughter & her mom decide #1 she coming to our house today #2 she doesn't have go school tomorrow. Okay to me a child shouldn't miss school just because & her sisters will be at school so what she suppose sit here watching tv & playing on computer. & my husband going let her he feels if he doesn't give into her she won't come back over here...
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pepper504
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you need to be more mad at your DH for allowing this kind of behavior due to his being scared to parent his child. 

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
WORD!

Quoting pepper504:

Sounds like you need to be more mad at your DH for allowing this kind of behavior due to his being scared to parent his child. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Is her school closed tomorrow?

Will her father be home to take care of her?

how old is she?

jules2boys
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I hope your frustration is solely with your DH.   This isn't a BM or SD problem, this is a DH problem. 

I'm BM.  I can 'decide' that BF will give me $3000/month in CS.  That doesn't mean he will or I'll get what I want!  I can 'decide' that BF will pay for me to buy a new car.  That doesn't mean he will or I'll get what I want.  Heck, I can 'decide' BF isn't going to see his boys anymore.  That doesn't mean he won't see them anymore and that he won't fight me on it (and he shouldn't give in!).   See how this works.  BM is free to 'decide' anything she'd like, but BF is free to 'decline' to go along with BM if he wishes too. 

The lack of parenting ability your DH is expressing in this rather simple situation is appalling. 

kellynh
by Kelly on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Yup!!

high five

Quoting pepper504:

bosslady0410
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:49 AM
No her school open and he won't be here. I understand should go toward my dh which it is and we had a long talk about how her not going to school today wasn't right ..

Quoting whatIknownow:

how old is she?

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:35 AM
3 moms liked this

If Dad isn't home then SD goes to school or stays with Mom.

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Quoting pepper504:

Yup.

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Bingo

Quoting pepper504:

kellynh
by Kelly on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Why are you allowing your DH to use you for babysitting services? 

Lol, the little pinch of evil Kelly would tell ou to drop sd to DH at work, however... I would never be put in this position. 

Quoting bosslady0410:

No her school open and he won't be here. I understand should go toward my dh which it is and we had a long talk about how her not going to school today wasn't right ..

Quoting whatIknownow:

how old is she?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN