Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

So disgusted!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:11 AM
  • 58 Replies
Every time my bf's children come to our house (8 +10), they look like slobs. She doesn't make them bathe enough, she doesn't make the daughter brush her hair. Their clothes are either too small or non matching or stained or ripped. She refuses to buy things for the son as she only buys for the daughter. My bf pays child support, does 100% of the transporting of the kids- she refuses to come to "my" house unless its to pick up child support! What a joke! This past weekend was their one weekend home a month- big whoop! She brought the kids by on Sun simply cuz she wanted her $. Well when they walked in the door- he asked how their day was at the mall. The sons answer was. I don't know that's where Mommy said we were. What kind of answer is that? I said- if you were at the mall you would know it? He instantly started crying and said that's what Mommy said we had to say. They were at her new boyfriends house and made the kids lie about it? Wtf! It's been 3 yrs since he left and my bf and I have a son together. Why the hell would anyone care they were at a bf's house. So on top of the crappy way she cares about their hygiene and presence- she now makes them lie to their Dad! So disgusted and annoyed.
I just needed to vent!
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

let it go-you can't control her or change her-be glad the kids even had clothes on

zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Very sad! Very sad. I am sorry
CartersMom526
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Yes, i should be glad they have clothes on. Yet sometimes they come without underwear or socks? So I can't let it go at all! I understand they are NOT my kids-but they are in my home!

Quoting Tigress22304:

let it go-you can't control her or change her-be glad the kids even had clothes on

malinda74
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this
The only advice I have is if it bothers your BF he can buy and keep extra clothes and tolitries at his house for his kids.

Quoting CartersMom526:

Yes, i should be glad they have clothes on. Yet sometimes they come without underwear or socks? So I can't let it go at all! I understand they are NOT my kids-but they are in my home!

Quoting Tigress22304:

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Quoting CartersMom526:

Quoting Tigress22304:

then perhaps you could stock up at your house-I would say buy them some clothes (esp socks and underwear) for BM's house-but that doesn't guarantee she'll send them wearing the clothes.

CartersMom526
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:29 AM
We have everything they need here. So we try our best when we have them. It's like night and day between the 2 households right down from discipline to Respect, to responsibility, and to the importance of education! We try to instill good values in these kids even though they are not our kids together . They have come a long way but it seems as if its a new battle every week. Just frustrating

Quoting malinda74:

The only advice I have is if it bothers your BF he can buy and keep extra clothes and tolitries at his house for his kids.

Quoting CartersMom526:

Quoting Tigress22304:

SteeleJ
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I would buy extra clothes and such to keep at your house. Also maybe have them bathe when they get there for their visit. My SD14 is the same way. She comes over looking like she hasn't showered in weeks with rags for clothes on. Drives me nuts. It is sad for the kids that mom is like this but nothing we can do about it except for when they are in our home. Try teaching them better hygiene while they are with you and they could shower more often when with mom. It may or may not help at their age but it's worth a try. I'm still trying with SD and she just doesn't care. Best of luck to you.

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:39 AM

so why do you care? why make a big deal out of it?

Quoting CartersMom526:

Wtf! It's been 3 yrs since he left and my bf and I have a son together. Why the hell would anyone care they were at a bf's house. 

kellynh
by Kelly on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Just keep clothes there and have them change when they come over. The rest, don't worry about. 

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Eh - sometimes the kids get out the house in pants that might be a little short, it happens.  I promise you every morning I send 3 well manicured small people out into the world.  Hair done, teeth brushed, dressed - and there are days I pick them up and would like to know what battle they were engaged in.  They seriously look a total mess.  That is kids.  They ddo not maintain that perfectly manicured look for long.

As the being at the BF's house - who cares - so BM didn't think it was your business they were at his house.  Whatever.  Why care about the motivation?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)