Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

I can't wait until my dh is home from work.

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:16 AM
  • 25 Replies
So dh agreed to babysit his nephew. He is 4 and he isn't a very good kid. When sil dropped him off last night she told us how nephew had just threw a fit at a store. I guess he threw something at the store door and it broke the whole door and glass went everywhere. She also said that he told her he is going to get a gun and shoot her.
So we have him all weekend. We also have sd. I figured since we are helping bm move today that she could of kept sd last night. Whenever we have all these kids together it is crazy.

Sd is mean to ds because she has someone else to play with. So she has.been hitting and kicking ds all morning. None of them listen to me. They keep askin me to let them know when dh is here..and i'm assuminh it's so they know when to be good.

Dh gets out of work at 12 but we have to find a way to help bm move with all 4 kids. Dh felt bad for sil so he told her we would take him.he did ask me because i would be alone watching them this morning. I said yes obviously. I just didn't think it was going to be this bad. I'm afraid they will break something or get hurt. Especially because they keep hitting my ds and my 2 year old dd.

I have tried to ask them to calm down. I guess i will ship them outside. I just get nervous because it's hunting season and we live right in the woods where people are hunting. So i don't like to go outside myself.

2 hours left..i think i might go crazy. Lol. When dh is home the kids are good. Like he never sees the attitude i get from sd and ds. He never sees sd and ds hitting eachother. So of course sd tells dh that ds hit her when it was both and he yells at ds.

Anyways..today will be a long day. Nephew gets picked up tomorrow at 12. I do love the kid and he is very good when sd isn't here. This is why we try to take him when sd isn't here. Last time it was horrible. I had to call my best friend to come get my ds..well she offeree after i told her how they were being mean to him. When it is just the boys they get along great. Sd doesn't like when they play without her. So she gets nephew to play with her and tells ds to go away.

Ahh now i feel better i vented about it. Lol i hope today is better once dh is home. Thanks for reading.
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sept-babies2
by Ashley on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
The kids are 2,4,4, and 5.
runinpinkshoes
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:21 AM

This part below is crazy. 

And I feel bad for your whole situation, that would be a lot to handle! If I were you, and the kids only acted like that for me, I wouldn't watch them anymore.

But good luck for the next two hours!

Quoting Sept-babies2:

So dh agreed to babysit his nephew. He is 4 and he isn't a very good kid. When sil dropped him off last night she told us how nephew had just threw a fit at a store. I guess he threw something at the store door and it broke the whole door and glass went everywhere. She also said that he told her he is going to get a gun and shoot her.

malinda74
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:21 AM
2 moms liked this
Why in the world you are helping his x move is beyond me. Why you agreed to help means you are a saint or crazy ;)

Amy1973Potts
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:24 AM
2 moms liked this
Since HE volunteered to watch this brat, HE should have stayed home and not shoved him off on you. That is LAME.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sept-babies2
by Ashley on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Thank you. I think it will be alright. If sd and nephew don't want to play with my two kids i will just find something else for them to do. It is crazy what sil tells me he does but you wouldn't know it when he is here. I have watched him before and he is good..he doesn't throw stuff here. As soon as sil is here or picks him up i see how he acts.he gives her a hard time. I feel bad for her because she is pregnant. Due in three weeks and she said she is worried her son will hurt the baby.

Quoting runinpinkshoes:

This part below is crazy. 

And I feel bad for your whole situation, that would be a lot to handle! If I were you, and the kids only acted like that for me, I wouldn't watch them anymore.

But good luck for the next two hours!

Quoting Sept-babies2:

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:13 AM
3 moms liked this
This would NEVER be me, sister.
JustaSM231
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:19 AM
I'm sorry but that nephew needs to see someone to be evaluated for psychological disorders. If he is threatening to get a fun and shoot his mother, he has issues and needs help.

I agree if your DH agreed to watch this child, he should have stayed home!!
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Quoting Amy1973Potts:

Since HE volunteered to watch this brat, HE should have stayed home and not shoved him off on you. That is LAME.

I'm with you! This is exactly why I refuse to watch ANY of SIL's 3 kids because they all have ZERO discipline and respect for others.

amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Why is it crazy to help someone move? We helped DH's ex move twice and one of those times she moved in with us for 2 months. We saw it as ultimately helping SD.

Quoting malinda74:

Why in the world you are helping his x move is beyond me. Why you agreed to help means you are a saint or crazy ;)

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM
I though I was the only crazy one that allowed dh x to move in with us for a bit. I also felt at the time it was to help the skids. But now I think it was more for dh and I to have peace of mind knowing where the kids where.

Quoting amanda_mom89:

Why is it crazy to help someone move? We helped DH's ex move twice and one of those times she moved in with us for 2 months. We saw it as ultimately helping SD.

Quoting malinda74:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)