Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It isn't always like this.....

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:05 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

But today I'm a great stepmom. 

I got a skype call from stepkids. I am waiting at the airport to go home after a week of Christmas shopping. I couldn't resist. I told each of the kids one present that they could expect. Some might accuse me of buying their love.......but it worked. 

They are stoked and I only told them one of their stocking stuffers.

by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazymomma87
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:19 PM
That's so crazy that you have to FLY to go shopping lol. I lived in Fairbanks for 2 years. I bet they are excited to get their Christmas presents!
Chibi_Kitten
by Krystal on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:20 PM

My kids are always trying to play the guessing game, like I did when I was their ages. Which is why I don't put the presents out till Christmas Eve now, lol! They used to pick 'em up, smell 'em, shake 'em, anything to try to get an idea of what it was.

My stepsons are different though, they prefer gift cards and movies so buying for them is pretty simple.

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Where do you hide them?!

Quoting Chibi_Kitten:

My kids are always trying to play the guessing game, like I did when I was their ages. Which is why I don't put the presents out till Christmas Eve now, lol! They used to pick 'em up, smell 'em, shake 'em, anything to try to get an idea of what it was.

My stepsons are different though, they prefer gift cards and movies so buying for them is pretty simple.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chibi_Kitten
by Krystal on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Some seriously crazy places sometimes! lol Once, I just left them in the truck, wrapped and all, until Christmas Eve. Another time, the closet worked out (though they've started checking there). Yet another time, I put everything on layaway and paid it off on Christmas Eve, came home after the kids were in bed and wrapped them. The year before last, I hid them at my stepson's fiance's house and the year before that, I hid them at my stepsons' moms house (who also wrapped them for me because she LOVES to wrap and is REALLY good at it). :)

Quoting momof2ex1:

Where do you hide them?!

Quoting Chibi_Kitten:

minimoo
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
My brother just moved there last summer. They lived in the South for the last 13 years. They were complaining of being freezing in the ac in my house last summer. I'm worried about them lol.

Quoting crazymomma87:

That's so crazy that you have to FLY to go shopping lol. I lived in Fairbanks for 2 years. I bet they are excited to get their Christmas presents!

Leigh84
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Nothin wrong w/buyin a lil love from time to time *wink wink*
packermom4ever
by Still The Queen on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:07 PM

It worked that you bought their love?

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM

high five

Hey I got called a great stepmom for getting SS7 his chocolate chip waffles so GO US!!!!

It's great they're excited about their gifts!!

bellasmom423
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I wrapped everything before I left the hotel.I have gifts for dh too. I'm just going to leave everything in the suitcases and put theem in the closet.
Quoting momof2ex1:

Where do you hide them?!

Quoting Chibi_Kitten:

bellasmom423
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:34 AM

We lived out in Goldstream for years and just moved this year. I'm glad we were not there this past week, but i do miss Fred meyers
Quoting crazymomma87:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured