Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Your first thought when ...

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM
  • 25 Replies

something related to the kids goes wrong at your home? How soon until you think about the other house, what they think, how they will feel about the incident?

by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KnowItAll
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:41 PM
I rarely think about the other house at all.
ZennMomma
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I have anxiety about this, because BM blames so much on me, and I'm the one that's home with th kids most the time....
I leave it up to dh. I tried once to tell BM about SS getting hurt at school and I was "annoying", so I tend to just deal with things.

I wish it was different...
luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:14 PM
I don't, honestly.
newstepmom61811
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I don't. BMs world is such a disaster she'd have no room to say squat...the serious trouble the kids have gotten into or the serious injuries they've had have all happened on her time.

kellynh
by Kelly on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Lol, Never...

Ive been through these ages already with my oldest 2. Kids can be " jerkish" about some things because sometimes... Kids are just jerks. :) 

kellynh
by Kelly on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Rotfl... I think I read this totally wrong!! Are we talking medical incidents or something major? 

DH told BM right away the one time it happened. 

Quoting kellynh:

Lol, Never...

Ive been through these ages already with my oldest 2. Kids can be " jerkish" about some things because sometimes... Kids are just jerks. :) 

Pero3
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Well, today something really strange happened. BF dropped something off for DD at the stables. We had agreed to meet at 9am, and he ran 30 minutes late. So we were already waiting in the car to go home after our morning chores, he pulled up next to us. DD got out, loaded the car with her stuff, and then quickly showed him the changes to the stable we had made.

They got back, I was still in the car, he tried to hug her and she kind of got all sheepish ... it was clear there was something on her mind. Since I was in the car, I didn't hear much of it, just saw her shift her weight from foot to foot, and then she said something like "stepsister is going to kill me, but ..." I thought she might have lost or broken something valuable that belonged to her stepsister.

Next I hear was "Did you tell your mother about this? Did your mother tell you to tell me?". DD said "no". Next question was "So what motivated you to tell me this?" Didn't hear her response.

Another care came, and since he was blocking the gate he asked DD to get in the car, drove about 10 yards, and they talked for about 5 minutes.

When she came back DD told me what it was about ... her and her younger stepsister had caught the older one (13) smoking, and since the younger one was too afraid to grass her older sister up, it was decided that DD should tell BF.

I don't get it ... why on Earth would his first thought be what our house thinks about his skid smoking? He knows that I started myself aged 14, and only  managed to quit last year, aged 42.

progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:51 PM

If something serious happens to SS, I think of BM pretty quickly.

She and DH share 50% though, so I think it's only right that they keep each other updated when something serious happens.

I doubt I would inform BM if something happened with my own kids.

venessaw04
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:54 PM
I don't unless its serious then right away
Lorena
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:55 PM
I don't.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)