Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

BM needs to leave my son out of their argument

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 42 Replies
I'm really trying to let this go but it's been bugging me for a few days now

Long story short DH and BM are arguing over a medical bill. 2 months ago YSS has bronchitis while at BMs. DH told her he called the pedi and they would see him immediately. Well she chose to take him to a out of network dr so insurance didn't pay anything and she feels DH should pay for that bill. He told her sorry but he is paying the 1900 bill for OSS surgery 2 months ago and she should of taken him to the pedi like he suggested. Then she said well if ds was bleeding out he DH wouldn't take him to the pedi. wtf you're comparing bronchitis to bleeding out. My son has nothing to do w/their argument anyway. I know I really need to let that go. I just thought I might feel better if I posted on here and got it out.
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Did something happen to DS, did he bleed out?  What the heck made her come up with that?

macbudsmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Was she worried it was somethimg more serious than bronchitis? Was he having difficulty breathing? If so, was it that she took him somewhere that was closer and/or could get him in sooner?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:03 AM
No, nothing. That's why I was like huh? Why would you use that as an example? Kind of disturbing to me

Quoting GlockMom:

Did something happen to DS, did he bleed out?  What the heck made her come up with that?

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:03 AM
4 moms liked this

When losing an argument, some folks like to try to baffle with bullshit.

That said, your DH opened the door by saying "I paid X before". 

This really should've been an open and shut case.  "You took our son out of network against my recommendation and knowing that insurance will not pay there. It wasn't an emergency situation. So this one is on you. Next time, utilize the doctor in our network for non emergent situations."

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Sometimes people who get caught with no snappy comeback or are just flat out wrong will grab at straws. Leaving the other person shaking their head.

This is one of those times. She probably has no damn clue why she said it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Maybe so but using a hypothetical sitch like my son bleeding out is not sitting too well w/me.

Quoting macbudsmom:

Was she worried it was somethimg more serious than bronchitis? Was he having difficulty breathing? If so, was it that she took him somewhere that was closer and/or could get him in sooner?

annabl1970
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Exactly like DH's Ex.
I don't care anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM
You're right he prob shouldn't of but she told him he doesn't pay for anything (which isent true) so he just used that as an example

Quoting Birdseed:

When losing an argument, some folks like to try to baffle with bullshit.

That said, your DH opened the door by saying "I paid X before". 

This really should've been an open and shut case.  "You took our son out of network against my recommendation and knowing that insurance will not pay there. It wasn't an emergency situation. So this one is on you. Next time, utilize the doctor in our network for non emergent situations."

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:10 AM
You're probably right

Quoting saywhat2102:

Sometimes people who get caught with no snappy comeback or are just flat out wrong will grab at straws. Leaving the other person shaking their head.

This is one of those times. She probably has no damn clue why she said it.

macbudsmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:23 AM
It wasnt like she was attacking your son. It sounds like she is simply frustrated that your husband doesnt understand why she took him where she did and is failing to pay the expense.

Should she have said what she did? No. Should Dad be paying the bill? Yes.

Quoting Leigh84:

Maybe so but using a hypothetical sitch like my son bleeding out is not sitting too well w/me.

Quoting macbudsmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN