Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Questions about holiday switch

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:30 PM
  • 37 Replies
Dh has primary custody of his 3 kids with bm having eowe. They also have a holiday schedual well we have Christmas eve and she has Christmas day. Now the problem is that they are not very good at communicating. We have Christmas eve at my mils house and ussally fairly late. What would be a good time to make the switch with the kids? Also she has new years eve this year how long should he let her keep the kids for? School vacations say that vistitations are as normal.
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:52 PM
The standard in my state for Christmas Eve is 9pm.

And New Years Eve usually goes until either 9am or 6pm New Years Day depending in whether the two days are made into one big holiday or split between the two parents.
runinpinkshoes
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:55 PM

DH and BM do 10 pm, which is super late in my opinion but that's because I'm not a night person. :) You say you're not good at communicating - so a text to BM to ask what time she's thinking isn't an option?

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Im talking about the week from Christmas to New Years. How much of that week we should let them stay. It is also her weekend in there.

Quoting PumpkinSpice8:

And New Years Eve usually goes until either 9am or 6pm New Years Day depending in whether the two days are made into one big holiday or split between the two parents.
Lorena
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:28 PM
I was meaning they are not good at communicating. I have text her off of both phones but she has not text back as of yet.

Quoting runinpinkshoes:

DH and BM do 10 pm, which is super late in my opinion but that's because I'm not a night person. :) You say you're not good at communicating - so a text to BM to ask what time she's thinking isn't an option?

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Bm and dh schedule switches every other year it is 3pm- 10pm Christmas Eve, 10pm Christmas Eve to 6 pm Christmas Day. It usually works well for all bc both sets are with family until at least that time.
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:03 PM
What do you mean how long should you let them stay? Does the order not specify?

We switch on the 28th. Some years he has more days - some years I have more days. This year we have exactly the same amount of days for winter break. Switches are at 6pm and we don't switch the days. We get from when school is out until the 28th and the other parents gets the 28th until the day before school resumes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorena
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:21 PM
No it doesn't. It just says that school brakes are as normal. So technically they should be with us all week with her for the weekend then back home Until Wednesday then she will have to drop them off at school on Thursday.

Quoting momof2ex1:

What do you mean how long should you let them stay? Does the order not specify?

We switch on the 28th. Some years he has more days - some years I have more days. This year we have exactly the same amount of days for winter break. Switches are at 6pm and we don't switch the days. We get from when school is out until the 28th and the other parents gets the 28th until the day before school resumes.
nikolepuckett
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:26 PM
If she gets christmas day, shouldn't she be picking up on CHRISTmas day? Not eve? Keeping them until 6pm that eve with them coming home around 6? And then.normal pick up for that weekend?
PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Oh, I see. It would make sense for her to have them the night of the December 24th- the day of the January 1st. That gives her 8 days and DH 8 days.

Im really confused right now. I'm not sure why that's even a question.

Quoting Lorena:

Im talking about the week from Christmas to New Years. How much of that week we should let them stay. It is also her weekend in there.

Quoting PumpkinSpice8:

PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Most states have a standard guideline that the parent the gets Christmas Day gets to have the kids wake up at that parent's house (to do the entire Santa thing) so pickup is late on Christmas Eve. The parent with Christmas Eve gets the 23rd- late on the 24th.

Quoting nikolepuckett:

If she gets christmas day, shouldn't she be picking up on CHRISTmas day? Not eve? Keeping them until 6pm that eve with them coming home around 6? And then.normal pick up for that weekend?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)