Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

ex wife in my house??

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 8:59 PM
  • 53 Replies

Attention 2nd wives!

My stepdaughter is housesitting and wants to have her mother and boyfriend over for thanksgiving while we are on vacation.  This house is where my husband used to live with his ex wife.  His grown girls were so possessive when I moved in (they were grown and out of the house, btw) I changed a silverware drawer and they had a lot of trouble with it.

My ex wife in law is nice enough, I just don't want her here when I;m not.  My husband supports me but does not understand how I feel

Thanks

by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Nope. You ha e every right to say no.
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:06 PM
3 moms liked this

Just say no. Look at you DH and say "I am putting my foot down on this one. MY answer is no".

lacie9905
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:14 PM
5 moms liked this

I would definately say no. I would also put a "for sale" sign in the yard & try to get a new place. Y'all should make new memories in your own home together.  Just my opinion, though.

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:34 PM
4 moms liked this

There would be NO FUCKING WAY Bm would be allowed in our house if a grown kid were house sitting.  I don't care that it used to be hers, it's NOT HERS ANYMORE.

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:13 PM
2 moms liked this
As an ex wife, I would not want to go to my ex's house for a holiday. That is just me.
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't let anyone in my home while I'm away not even a house sitter. We set the alarm and go. But that's just me. They can drive by and make sure the house is still standing but that's about all.

I agree with you - they do not need to host thanksgiving dinner at your home regardless of who the guests will be. Multiple that answer by 12 given who the guest is.

Btw I am not a second wife - only a first wife. Still my opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this
She would take all of your china and leave all her plastic ware and her bras too. Then she would call for a check to pay for transport to the pawn shop.

Quoting sandeeyo:

There would be NO FUCKING WAY Bm would be allowed in our house if a grown kid were house sitting.  I don't care that it used to be hers, it's NOT HERS ANYMORE.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:35 PM
3 moms liked this

If the daughters are grown up, they can spend Thanksgiving at their mother's house. There is absolutely no reason why she would have to come to your home, especially when you are not there. That's inappropriate, IMO.

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Actually she'd probably leave her camies and chonies behind...the girls said that the dog ate all her bras! lol

Quoting momof2ex1:

She would take all of your china and leave all her plastic ware and her bras too. Then she would call for a check to pay for transport to the pawn shop.

Quoting sandeeyo:

Humility1
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:59 PM
There is no way that I would let BM in my house while I'm away. BM is not even allowed in my house because of all the drama she has caused even then if she has not caused te drama I still would not allow it just because that's too weird, plus it's crossing boundaries.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN