Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kinda silly but your thoughts please ladies

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:52 AM
  • 19 Replies

The Christmas season is almost here and I like to shop early.(I'm late this year) Usually, I just give SD a toy magazine , pencil, and paper and have her go at it making her list. I found a really cute web site this year where you can have the kids send the list on the site and Santa writes them back. Thought it was super cute.

Anyway, the parent tailors the return letter from Santa. SO and I did this together and tailored it for our house never giving it a thought. SD wants to print the letter and bring it to show her Mom. Not the problem at all. I understand. She's excited. It's Santa!!!

The problem is that 1) we used her nickname , which for some reason makes BM go batshit crazy.. 2) We referred to my son that moved to Flordia as her brother. Which is what she calls him. Again, makes BM batshit.

Should I just make an excuse to SD as to why she can't bring it to show Mom or just let her do it and deal with the fall out later? 

Im thinking send it because she is so excited about it but I'd like your thoughts. 

by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Birdseed
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:28 AM
2 moms liked this

Sounds to me like sending that letter to BM would be very antagonistic. 

Why not do another letter for Mom's house?  Or talk to SD about doing one WITH Mom since Santa visits her twice? You could just let Mom know that you guys do this at your house...here's the website, yada yada.

To me, this is a situation where you're taking something that is very precious to many parents, have made it "your own" and all it will do is create disharmony.  I would not send it.

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM
2 moms liked this

This sounds good to me.

Quoting Birdseed:

Why not do another letter for Mom's house?  Or talk to SD about doing one WITH Mom since Santa visits her twice? You could just let Mom know that you guys do this at your house...here's the website, yada yada.

To me, this is a situation where you're taking something that is very precious to many parents, have made it "your own" and all it will do is create disharmony.  I would not send it.

***Briterican***

Boobear110
by Audra on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Like this idea. 

Quoting Birdseed:

pseudomamma
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Sounds like it's unanimous.

Quoting Birdseed:

minimoo
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 1:13 PM
This. Make that 4.

Quoting Birdseed:

kellynh
by Kelly on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Make it 5. 

Quoting Birdseed:

Boobear110
by Audra on Nov. 22, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Thanks!!! You know stupidly I never even thought of this.. I feel like an ass. It's so obvious. 

whiterabbit3599
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I agree with the post that Birdseed said! Also, It is you're house so I think she can write anything she wants! Here is some options. 1) She can just make one with BM. 2) You can send the letter as is bc that is what SHE wrote and she had every right! 3) You can tell SD a little white lie and say that you tried sending it to BM but the email wont send for some reason.. lol Just some suggestions. :)

Boobear110
by Audra on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:48 PM

SD Dad and I wrote the return letter from Santa. Never even giving a thought to BM. 

BM hates SD nickname but that is how SD wanted to sign  her letter to Santa so we figured Santa should use it on his letter.

I did end up telling SD that I couldn't get to it before BM picked her up for her visit today . That worked just fine for her. If she is persistent about it I'll have SO text BM with the Web site and leave it at that. 

Sometimes it's the tiniest things that can raise a ruckus. :0) 

Quoting whiterabbit3599:

I agree with the post that Birdseed said! Also, It is you're house so I think she can write anything she wants! Here is some options. 1) She can just make one with BM. 2) You can send the letter as is bc that is what SHE wrote and she had every right! 3) You can tell SD a little white lie and say that you tried sending it to BM but the email wont send for some reason.. lol Just some suggestions. :)

whiterabbit3599
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I can relate! lol and what is her nickname that is sooooo terrible? lol if u don't mind me asking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured