Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

What to do about their mom?

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:36 AM
  • 36 Replies
So my DH's kids mom is starting to get on my nerves. She's forty years old and is claiming that shes trying to 'find herself'. She had the kids for the weekend yesterday and Darcy, who is fifteen, called me up last night at almost two in the morning and said that her mom was having a party and she was high. Of course, I love these kids like their my own, so I got in the car, drove straight there and demanded that the kids come home. Their mother proceeded to try to push me out the door, although shes much smaller then me an got no where with this. In he end, I took the kids home.
This morning, she called me up and began running her mouth. She said that I was a child and had no right telling her what to do, that I was using DH and that I didn't actually love him - honestly, I'm shocked. I told her that she needed to grow up and be a mother, and to stop trying to be young again. Honestly, I'm twenty-seven and I'm more grown up then her. I spend time with my own and DH's kids, take them out and take an interest in their lives while she lets them do anything they want.
Am I wrong for being angry at her? The way I see it, when you have kids you need to give up neing a child and going out for being a mother.

(Sorry for the terrible grammar and spelling, I'm on my cell phone!)
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:48 AM
7 moms liked this

Was there actually a party going on, and was she actually high? What drugs was she using?  Why didn't you call the police if you witnessed illegal activity?

Where was their father?

If I had been her, I would have called the police and had you arrested for entering my home and taking my kids. That's kidnapping. A felony.

kristinbugg
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:55 AM
4 moms liked this
You do realize that you entered this woman's home illegally and kidnapped her children, right?

You are a non-relative and have no legal right to those children.

At best, you interfered with her visitation time with HER children.
shanlee42
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:57 AM
3 moms liked this
I agree with WIKN and feel that you crossed a line. I understand you were concerned for the children's well being but you are not their Gaurdian. Dad should have decided what to do whether it be leave them there or call the police. I would have encouraged dad to call the police.
NTMBeth
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Yeah, I am pretty curious where the kids dad was at the time.

Why wasn't he the one the kids called and who went to get them?

Pero3
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Restraining order ... that's the first thing that springs to my mind!

Leigh84
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:02 AM
If she was having a party and was high then dad should of been the one to go over and deal w/getting the kids. How do u know she was high? What kind of drugs are we talkin about?
DeliteCrazy
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:20 AM
2 moms liked this
Lil bad ass you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smoodster
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM
First of all, why does it matter what kind of drugs? Second, although you did seen to have the best interest of the kids in mind, you have to be careful the way you handle situations like that. What we may believe is the logical, right thing to do, it doesn't legally give us the right to do so. For instance, you could have met the law at her house, if she was high and partying, the children would have got to go home with you to the fathers home. Just remember the that she is their mom. Hopefully its just a phase and she will wake up soon
tiafez
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:26 AM

this was their dad's issue to handlle, where was he?

AmericanDream
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:29 AM

All of this.

I understand, OP, that you had the children's best interest at heart but your DH should have dealt with this one.

You completely overstepped.

Honestly, it is not your place to tell BM how you think she should best go about "being a mother."

Quoting kristinbugg:

You do realize that you entered this woman's home illegally and kidnapped her children, right?

You are a non-relative and have no legal right to those children.

At best, you interfered with her visitation time with HER children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)