Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Will not comply to CO

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:07 PM
  • 32 Replies

CO says BM pays for the travel from her house to our house and we pay from our house to her's. She never pays. We always buy the tickets. We can't stop buying the tickets. What should we do?

by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM
2 moms liked this
File contempt
malinda74
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Either let DH continue to pay to facilitate kids relationship with mom. Or if you honestly can't afford this (not sure if kids are flying, how expensive the prices are) then DH will have to discuss that with BM.
bellasmom423
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM

He has discussed it. She said if you want to see them buy the ticket, because I'm not doing it.

Quoting malinda74:

Either let DH continue to pay to facilitate kids relationship with mom. Or if you honestly can't afford this (not sure if kids are flying, how expensive the prices are) then DH will have to discuss that with BM.

malinda74
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Ouch. I'm thinking you live in Alaska right? I bet the tickets are expensive...sorry. If DH has exhausted all avenues then I'm not sure what can be done except to file for contempt of CO. Wish I had more advice.

Quoting bellasmom423:

He has discussed it. She said if you want to see them buy the ticket, because I'm not doing it.

Quoting malinda74:

bellasmom423
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Yeah, we live in AK. The tickets are 450 round trip x 2. We really want to avoid court again. But it is either court or stop complaining

Quoting malinda74:

Ouch. I'm thinking you live in Alaska right? I bet the tickets are expensive...sorry. If DH has exhausted all avenues then I'm not sure what can be done except to file for contempt of CO. Wish I had more advice.

Quoting bellasmom423:

Quoting malinda74:

jlg12678
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:31 PM

So basically you don't get the kids unless you pay for the travel?

I'd file contempt. If it states in the CO that she pays for travel from her home and she is not doing that she will be found in contempt. And honestly, if I were her, this is a game I wouldn't play as she is basically withholding the kids from co'd visitation.

jules2boys
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:31 PM
4 moms liked this

I agree, he can file contempt charges.  OR he can petition to change the CO to state that he pays for them to fly from her home to his, and she flies to return them to her.  That way she will pay to get her kids back,  or she can leave them with DH and you.  OR, he can go to court to file contempt charges against her and also ask for a reduction in CS that will cover expenses for him to cover the full air fare to get the kids for his visits with them.

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM

this.

Quoting amantonacci:

File contempt

SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I agree completely with this.

Quoting jules2boys:

I agree, he can file contempt charges.  OR he can petition to change the CO to state that he pays for them to fly from her home to his, and she flies to return them to her.  That way she will pay to get her kids back,  or she can leave them with DH and you.  OR, he can go to court to file contempt charges against her and also ask for a reduction in CS that will cover expenses for him to cover the full air fare to get the kids for his visits with them.

theshanster17
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Quoting jules2boys:

I agree with this completely. It's more likely that CS could probably be reduced for travel credits--and once BM gets wind of that, she MAY start to be more cooperative with flights.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN