Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Thanksgiving visitation...ridiculous situation!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:49 PM
  • 15 Replies

So my step daughter that is 13 wants to spend half the day with her dad and I and the other half with her mother and boyfriend. Mom states if dad signs the power of attorney to the corvette for her to get the title work redone step daughter can go with us, Dad says no he will not sign it because mom refuses to give him the rest of his stuff from the divorce that he has asked for the past few months his grandfathers belongings that have been in his family for years. Now my thought about this is HOW DISGUSTING IS IT TO USE YOUR CHILD AS A PAWN FOR VISITATION...REALLY!!!!! So now my step daughter can't come because her mother says if your dad won't sign the power of attorney you can't go...UNBELIVEABLE!!!!

by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
malinda74
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:53 PM
What is the CO on visitation? I'd follow the CO.
afc1975
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM

This is her year and I told my husband that she can't make her come because it is her year, but my step daughter wanted to split it because she has wanted to stay with her mom the last two years and my husband was ok with it. So he thought his ex would be ok with the fact his daughter wants to split the day, I told him not to give up his holidays anymore if this is the way this is going to be!

Quoting malinda74:

malinda74
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Sorry, it sounds like a lil emotional blackmail and that sucks. I wouldn't give up my holiday time in the future unless he believes its his daughters best interest. But then just know it might not be reciprocated.

Quoting afc1975:

This is her year and I told my husband that she can't make her come because it is her year, but my step daughter wanted to split it because she has wanted to stay with her mom the last two years and my husband was ok with it. So he thought his ex would be ok with the fact his daughter wants to split the day, I told him not to give up his holidays anymore if this is the way this is going to be!

Quoting malinda74:

stemp387
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes the kids best interest is never at hand, very sad.  My ex and I were commended at the end of our divorce hearing on how the one thing we both agreed upon was anything having to do with our son.  We fought like cats and dogs and had long 2 year divorce battle.  To this date we don't go by wat was court ordered, we go what works best for all involved.  I wish everyone could handle kids post divorce this way-it really is about the kids and not the fight between the parents.

KnowItAll
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 2:14 PM
4 moms liked this
It sounds like a lot of immature people doing stupid stuff.
ramita
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 2:15 PM
That sucks...sorry...
afc1975
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I agree it's ridiculous!!! The thing is these girls (he has 2 but one is over 18) had a hard time with the divorce. The manipulation is so bad. They hated me for the longest time due to lies that were told to them, and now that my 13yr old step daughter wants to spend time with us it's like she makes it impossible, not sure if it's the fact that she's starting to like me that she doesn't like or what, but my point is to use your child as a pawn is so disgusting to me. 

Quoting malinda74:

Sorry, it sounds like a lil emotional blackmail and that sucks. I wouldn't give up my holiday time in the future unless he believes its his daughters best interest. But then just know it might not be reciprocated.

Quoting afc1975:

Quoting malinda74:

GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 3:30 PM
3 moms liked this

Go by the CO.  Sounds like a bunch of silly little tit for tat shit going on.

jlg12678
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I would have laughed if my ex pulled that shit.

If it is bm's holiday let her have the kid. Period. It's not worth stressing out over and it sounds like she likes drama. Your dh will have his turn next year.

JTROX
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:07 PM

She's a jerk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN