Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Does anyone else find this odd?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 6:17 PM
  • 45 Replies

DH and I are putting in a new kitchen after our dishwasher leaked and caused some major damage.  History with BM is not good, always going back to court because she wants more $$.  Her last request was denied by the judge.  SD is 12.  SD sent multiple pictures and a video via text of our kitchen at 80% completion to BM.  DH asked her why she wouldn't sent those pictures and she said BM asked her to.  I felt our privacy was violated.  It's bad enough that she takes us back to court every chance she gets, and I say us because she always tries to bring my salary into it, we have to submit bank statements, credit card statement, etc., which she and her attorney review.  Is it too much to ask to have my home remain private?  I sent her an email and told her the next time she wanted to see a photo of my home, she should ask me not SD.  She of course denied it and said SD sent the pictures on her own.  I don't believe that for one minute.  Extremely frustrated.

by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristen518-06
by Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 6:30 PM
I do find that strange and wouldn't be comfortable with it
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 6:35 PM
8 moms liked this

actually, if BM or her attorney requested ANY of my financial info id tell them to go fuck themselves.

malinda74
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I will second that.

Quoting faerie75:

actually, if BM or her attorney requested ANY of my financial info id tell them to go fuck themselves.

malinda74
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Although I understand wanting privacy, I guess I lost that when I had kids. I had to remind the kiddos that no, I will not talk to you while I'm in the bathroom. Sheesh.
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't think you can expect that your home would be private. If SD visits her dad, she might take pics of dad's house and share them with her friends or family. This is just part of being a stepfamily.

It was probably a bad idea to email the Mom. What her daughter sends her is really none of your business unless it is something private (like your own bedroom). If it is a common area of the house that SD has access to, you don't have the right to privacy.

stemp387
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

She's documenting everything and nothing like putting the child in the middle.

Lalasmomma13
by Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this
It is strange. Looks like you need to take all cameras and phones away from SD.
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM
3 moms liked this
you should strike a pose for the next pic. Sounds like she wants to document a bunch of nothing. Eventually she'll get bored if she see's there's nothing interesting.
Derdriu
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this
You shouldn't have emailed BM for the simple reason that doing so stepped into your DH's territory. He is the one who needs to put his foot down with his daughter and ex.

We've been through this with devices that FaceTime. The SKs wanted to walk through the house while chit chatting with BM. I didn't feel like there was really anything of interest for her to see, but it infuriated DH. He felt violated and put a stop to it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OvertiredMommy
by Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:20 PM
I definately would firmly tell sd that it is not ok to send pictures of the house to bm. It isnt any of her business. Some bm are whackjobs!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)