Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Doesn't want a SP at an event - be it birthday, wedding, graduation, etc, is it "tough luck, kid" or should their wishes be respected?

Is the respect contingent upon whether or not the SP agrees with the kids reason?

Ex: Graduation.  Only a certain number of tickets available.  Kid makes it clear that they are for dad, mom, siblings only.  Is this an issue for the parent to fight - SP over sibling - or do wishes get respected?

Sweet 16, SK doesn't want a SP there because they know parent and SP do not get along and since this is a biggish party (*hypothetically) the parents went in together on it.  SM and mom, for example, are unable to hide their disdain of one another, so to keep things less tense the kid says only parents, no SPs.

Add your own scenarios if you like.

by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Replies (121-125):
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:43 AM

So you would interfer and stop your husband from paying for his child's party because you didn't get enough recognition?

No wonder his kids don't like you. Why are you interfering in their relationship?

or are you saying you support your husband and he is a deadbeat who earns no money himself?

Quoting tinybluemoon:

Where do you think the moneys coming from? Foodstamps? The pot at the end of the rainbow? No, I worked hard and chanted for that money and I shall decide where it goes, whether it's on a 16th or a lovely pair of shoes for yours truely because my stepchildren are rude bitch trolls.

Quoting packermom4ever:

Quoting tinybluemoon:

I wouldn't be there anyway because I would have died from laughter at not being invited but expected to foot the bill. Not in this household.

As long as I'm not footing the bill I couldn't care less.

Who says the SP is expected to do squat?

malissaL
by New Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 12:51 PM
my opinion is that we are a family and nobody should be excluded..if it is wrong for step parents to exclude the step kid and equally wrong for this step kid to be able to exclude the step parent..unless of course there is some sort of extreme case where the adult in the situation can't manage their self properly..otherwise I feel like exclusion of anyone from anything is wrong
malissaL
by New Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:00 PM
and honestly if it ever came down to the point where one of my step kids wanted to exclude me from something..we would be sitting down and hashing that s*** out..
Sept-babies2
by Ashley on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:35 PM
I always wanted my stepdad at any event i had. If my sd ever decided she didn't want me there with something..well i wouldn't go.
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:38 PM

That is what my husband would do, and that is how I know most parents generally handle things like this but I am not a child of divorce so perhpas they handle things differently.

Quoting malissaL: and honestly if it ever came down to the point where one of my step kids wanted to exclude me from something..we would be sitting down and hashing that s*** out..

Career Woman, Wife and Mother of Two Children, a Girl and a Boy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)