Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

SD rude

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:38 PM
  • 29 Replies

My new husband has 2 daughters. One is a great gal and the other one is a mean, condescending manipulative brat! I bite my tongue when she makes rude, snide comments directed at me. Recently, I lost my temper and told her to SHUT UP! I have talked to my husband about her behavior before the blowup but he makes sorry excuses for her and acts like the elephant isn't in the room. HELP!!! BTW..she is 25 years old

by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
malinda74
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Do his daughters live with you? Why do you think your one SD dislikes you so much?
123goodmom
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:54 PM

No she does not live with us. I think the other daughter isn't as greedy or selfish. She checks EVERYTHING out when she's here saying things like "oh is that new? How much did that cost" She went through my mail also. She consistently tells me what a (last name) she is and how if she doesn't inherit her dad's classic car, her grandfather will haunt my husband, She makes her 3 year old daughter tell him he's a bad granddad because we don't have a bed for her. We do, it's just that I have some of my things on it from my move here. She's just exhausting.

malinda74
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Is their mother deceased? Why the concern over inheritance?

Quoting 123goodmom:

No she does not live with us. I think the other daughter isn't as greedy or selfish. She checks EVERYTHING out when she's here saying things like "oh is that new? How much did that cost" She went through my mail also. She consistently tells me what a (last name) she is and how if she doesn't inherit her dad's classic car, her grandfather will haunt my husband, She makes her 3 year old daughter tell him he's a bad granddad because we don't have a bed for her. We do, it's just that I have some of my things on it from my move here. She's just exhausting.

macbudsmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you close in age to the sd?

How old are your kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
123goodmom
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Her BM is alive. We don't have any problems. I am trying to understand that this is difficult for her but rudeness in not acceptable to me. She disputes anything I say so I stay quiet. In fact, when I know she's coming over, I leave, giving her time with her dad and not having to hear her snide comments.
123goodmom
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 4:09 PM
No, she is 25, I am 55

Quoting macbudsmom:

How old are your kids?

amantonacci
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Have her parents been divorced long? 

malinda74
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 4:15 PM
That might be best. Do you know why she is struggling so hard?

Quoting 123goodmom:

Her BM is alive. We don't have any problems. I am trying to understand that this is difficult for her but rudeness in not acceptable to me. She disputes anything I say so I stay quiet. In fact, when I know she's coming over, I leave, giving her time with her dad and not having to hear her snide comments.

123goodmom
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 4:19 PM
She is 25, I am 55.

Quoting macbudsmom:

How old are your kids?

123goodmom
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 4:23 PM
She's selfish. Doesn't call or come over unless her car breaks down (often) or she needs money (more often) I put a stop to the money giving. She will get a job, work a few months and quit. Sobbing to daddy she doesn't have money but goes to clubs every weekend.

Quoting malinda74:

That might be best. Do you know why she is struggling so hard?

Quoting 123goodmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)