Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

So, this is just a little bit of a vent:

I recently found out that my StepSons step-brother has been committed to a childrens hospital and I find myself feeling very sorry for this child. Both my SS's have been to this facility when they lived with their mother and they shouldn't have been. I worry that this other child is being subjected to the same psychological abuse that my SS's were.....I know it's not my concern, nor is it something I should worry about, but I can't help it, my SS's are around this child (well, they were until he was committed) and I worry what they think about it or how it makes them feel and I know it's not my place to talk to them about things going on at their mothers house. Anyways, I'm not sure I'm really expecting anyone to say anything, I just don't have anyone to talk to and my husband doesn't like talking about the stuff at his ex's house because most of it he can't do anything about, and I understand and accept that, but I still need to get it out of my head sometimes.

sad

by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Replies (11-13):
DeliteCrazy
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Have you ever dealt with a raging out of control child before?

Quoting lovelymomma87:

Trust me, in that situation, it wouldn't need more then 1 adult to restrain him. He was 5 years old and maybe 45lbs soaking wet. I'm aware that weight doesn't equal strength, but in this situation, she was fully capable of subduing him. She escalated it and there was no need to have him carted away, restrained in an ambulance.

Quoting DeliteCrazy: I've worked in places where it took a lot of staff members to restrain a child.

Weight has nothing to do with it.

Quoting lovelymomma87:

Yeah, it's a Childrens Hospital, and they have a psych ward.

I agree, kids shouldn't have struggles that require that type of treatment if it can be helped. 1 example: My second oldest SS was taken there, by ambulance, because he put his hand over his newborn half-sisters mouth to get her to stop crying. Supposedly his 350lb mother and a PCA couldn't contain him....he was 5. That child was so distraught by the addition on his mothers side (oddly enough though, he handled my first daughter just fine, wanted to protect her and everything, and she was born FIRST), it was so sad..... 

Quoting Silent_Sea:

This obviously is a mental facility?

I would be sad too. It alway makes me sad to see kids struggle. They shouldn't have this sort of stress or sadness. :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelymomma87
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Yes I have and the child was considerably larger. My SS was not raging out of control in the situation I've been talking about. He was containable, his mother just didn't want to and sending him to a hospital where he would be sedated if necessary and perscribed meds to sedate him is the path she likes for raising children because then it makes her job so simple and with her kids labeled with issues, she gets money from the government. I have no doubt that's what she's trying to obtain now with her own SS, because she doesn't like earning her own money, she likes to get it from the government and baby daddies.

Quoting DeliteCrazy: Have you ever dealt with a raging out of control child before?

Quoting lovelymomma87:

Trust me, in that situation, it wouldn't need more then 1 adult to restrain him. He was 5 years old and maybe 45lbs soaking wet. I'm aware that weight doesn't equal strength, but in this situation, she was fully capable of subduing him. She escalated it and there was no need to have him carted away, restrained in an ambulance.

Quoting DeliteCrazy: I've worked in places where it took a lot of staff members to restrain a child.

Weight has nothing to do with it.

Quoting lovelymomma87:

Yeah, it's a Childrens Hospital, and they have a psych ward.

I agree, kids shouldn't have struggles that require that type of treatment if it can be helped. 1 example: My second oldest SS was taken there, by ambulance, because he put his hand over his newborn half-sisters mouth to get her to stop crying. Supposedly his 350lb mother and a PCA couldn't contain him....he was 5. That child was so distraught by the addition on his mothers side (oddly enough though, he handled my first daughter just fine, wanted to protect her and everything, and she was born FIRST), it was so sad..... 

Quoting Silent_Sea:

This obviously is a mental facility?

I would be sad too. It alway makes me sad to see kids struggle. They shouldn't have this sort of stress or sadness. :(

justamomma9
by Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:34 PM
^^^Sounds like you may be right. I don't understand mental illness very well, but it seems too coincidental to me that all of the children have landed a stay in the pysch ward. The good news is, maybe it is safer there and someone will connect the dots. IF all of the children truly have mental issues, I'm not sure Mom who also has BP can necessarily provide a healthy home to all of them. IMO

Can't quote for some reason.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)