Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Holidays w/ Vengful X-Wife

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 10:13 AM
  • 16 Replies

This past weekend was our first Thanksgiving with my fiance's daughter (whom is 9 yrs old). We were super excited and in the holiday spirit. Thursday we went to Thanksgiving with my family. I received 3rd row tickets to a UofM Gopher Hockey game so my fiance took his daughter to the hockey game on Friday......and here comes Saturday. Previously, my fiance, his daughter (ALJ) and I recently went shopping bought ALJ many new clothes. We were all getting ready to go to my fiance's for Thanksgiving dinner (his family rearranged all their Thanksgiving plans so we could celebrate with ALJ) and ALJ throws a temper tantrum as she "hates" all her new clothes. She decided she wants to talk to her mom so we allow her to call her mom. Five minutes later the cops are at the door, the x-wife called the cops on us claiming we were abusing her child and 20 mintues after that the x-wife shows up.

The saddest part about it is after ALJ talked to the cop by herself she started crying even harder because she didn't understand why the cops were there or what she did that was so wrong that they had to show up. My fiance and I didn't tell her anything.

I find it astoundingly horrible that any parent would call the cops before talking to the child to understand what was happening &/or talk to the parent before calling the police.  

There is NO previous records or incidents of abuse or violence for either WEJ or myself. We've had Parenting Time with ALJ for five years. Within the last 4 months the x-wife's focus is to try to prove that we're violent and abusive towards her daugter. The x-wife was recently remarried (2 months ago) and WEJ and myself are getting married in May of 2014.

What ever happened to parents working together for the best interest of the child...........?

by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 10:17 AM

What exactly did this child tell her Mom to make the police come?

DDDaysh
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Did your fiance ask BM what SD said that made her call the cops? 

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 10:21 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm confused. She called the cops AFTER talking to the child, not before, right?

what was it that she accused you of doing? Why were the cops called?What did SD tell her mom that made her mom call the cops?

What happened after that, did the cops leave? Was a report filed?

Quoting AuntieSaSa:

She decided she wants to talk to her mom so we allow her to call her mom. Five minutes later the cops are at the door, the x-wife called the cops on us claiming we were abusing her child and 20 mintues after that the x-wife shows up.

The saddest part about it is after ALJ talked to the cop by herself she started crying even harder because she didn't understand why the cops were there or what she did that was so wrong that they had to show up. My fiance and I didn't tell her anything.

I find it astoundingly horrible that any parent would call the cops before talking to the child to understand what was happening &/or talk to the parent before calling the police.  

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 10:21 AM

There HAS to be more to this story.

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Dec. 2, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I'm thinking that your SD got mad at you two for some reason, called her mom and said something that made BM feel like her daughter was being threatened...hence the cops showing up.

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM

That's what it sounds like to me too. Then the kid realized what she had done and claimed she didn't know why the cops were there.

Quoting sandeeyo:

I'm thinking that your SD got mad at you two for some reason, called her mom and said something that made BM feel like her daughter was being threatened...hence the cops showing up.

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Dec. 2, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Uh huh.  Although my SDs haven't had BM call the cops on us, when they get in trouble, they try to tell her before DH does and then they only tell HALF the story and never the half where it actually looks like it may have been their fault...lol

Quoting whatIknownow:

That's what it sounds like to me too. Then the kid realized what she had done and claimed she didn't know why the cops were there.

Quoting sandeeyo:

chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:16 PM
That's crazy. Also, I would take all the clothes back and get NOTHING. My daughter is also 9 and would never insult her father and SM (or anyone else) over anything they buy her.

AuntieSaSa
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:47 PM

The child is 9, in 4th grade doing 5th grade work and has been tested and accepted to "gifted" schools with full scholarships.

The child said when she called her mom all she said was that she was mad at her dad and her mom said she was on her way to pick her up.

The police told us that the mom called and said the child called her crying hysterically and told her that her dad hurt her.

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM

well, one of them is not telling the truth.

However, I don't think the police would just go to the house over that. They would want more information. 

When you spoke to the police, what did they say? What did the incident report say, I'm sure you must have got a copy of it.

Quoting AuntieSaSa:

The child said when she called her mom all she said was that she was mad at her dad and her mom said she was on her way to pick her up.

The police told us that the mom called and said the child called her crying hysterically and told her that her dad hurt her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)