Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

OT: Christmas surprise.

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:00 PM
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this

MDD is in counseling. The counseling center she goes to also has a lot of kids who have CPS involved in their lives. Well, the family services coordinator had a LOT of gifts donated and each counselor was asked to come in and pick out a few things for each client and their siblings.

DH took MDD to counseling tonight and came home with a giant bag of presents for all 4 kids!

We let them each pick 1 gift to keep (SD chose art supplies, DS chose Darth Tator, MDD chose a lego friends kit, and YDD chose a Barbie Razor scooter). The rest we are giving away to a family friend who is in a tough financial spot.

We didn't ask for any Christmas assistance, in fact we've been done with our Christmas shopping since before December 1st.

It was a nice surprise and it's going to allow us to better help a family friend :) 

by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmericanDream
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Awww... that's very sweet of you guys to help out your friend. Also, a really hands on way to teach your kids about giving. :)
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Our school does a giving tree and i had each kid pick a tag and we went out shopping for that person.

I try to encourage them to help others when they can :)

Quoting AmericanDream: Awww... that's very sweet of you guys to help out your friend. Also, a really hands on way to teach your kids about giving. :)

OvrMyHead
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:31 PM
How sweet!
jules2boys
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:38 AM

That's really great!  And... I'm jealous... I want a Darth Tator!!!!  :) 

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this

It's really cool! I'll have to post a picture of it tomorrow. It's this big Mr Potato Head with a Darth Vader helmet/mask and that Mr Potato Head is full of smaller Mr Pototo Heads that have Darth Vader parts and storm trooper parts, and R2D2 parts. He was thrilled.

YDD is kinda mad because it's been wet and cold and she can't go try out her new scooter.

Quoting jules2boys:

jules2boys
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I can understand YDD being upset.  I would be too!  :(  I hope it clears up soon so she can go riding and enjoy her gift too! 

I may have to look for that Darth Tator!  I'd not heard of it being 'real'.  I've heard of people saying they'd like one but I didn't think they'd actually made one!  Cool! 

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

It's really cool! I'll have to post a picture of it tomorrow. It's this big Mr Potato Head with a Darth Vader helmet/mask and that Mr Potato Head is full of smaller Mr Pototo Heads that have Darth Vader parts and storm trooper parts, and R2D2 parts. He was thrilled.

YDD is kinda mad because it's been wet and cold and she can't go try out her new scooter.

Quoting jules2boys:

christen392
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Costco and amazon have them (darth taters)
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

http://www.amazon.com/Potato-Star-Wars-Darth-Character/dp/B00FPU3ZZC

This is the link to what he got, it's pretty cool :)

Quoting jules2boys:

I can understand YDD being upset.  I would be too!  :(  I hope it clears up soon so she can go riding and enjoy her gift too! 

I may have to look for that Darth Tator!  I'd not heard of it being 'real'.  I've heard of people saying they'd like one but I didn't think they'd actually made one!  Cool! 

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

Quoting jules2boys:

AirForceWife13
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 5:22 PM
He got just the Darth or all 3? I remember when they came out a few years ago and I had trouble finding Darth. Lol But I finally found him a few weeks later and hes now in my collection. I guess if I wouldve waitied I couldve found em easily now. My kids see mine in my Star Wars room and they wanna play with em so bad. I went out and got them their own. Lol

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

Quoting jules2boys:

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM

It's a large plastic Darth Tater, and when you open it up there's 2 regular size Mr Potato Heads (a Darth Tater and a Storm Trooper tater) and then a smaller one (R2D2).

Quoting AirForceWife13: He got just the Darth or all 3? I remember when they came out a few years ago and I had trouble finding Darth. Lol But I finally found him a few weeks later and hes now in my collection. I guess if I wouldve waitied I couldve found em easily now. My kids see mine in my Star Wars room and they wanna play with em so bad. I went out and got them their own. Lol

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

Quoting jules2boys:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN