Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

How does a review work, exactly? +EDIT ADDED+

Posted by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM
  • 25 Replies

DH got papers in the mail for a review today, which is scheduled for 2/3/2014. All it basically said was the date, please have 6mo worth of paystubs, or letter from employer, and that something else will be sent at a later date to be filled out and returned. So, what gets filled out and returned? Do we actually go to court, or is it more a paperwork thing?

And do DH or BM have to ask for a review? SD is 9, and this is the first one DH has ever gotten. BM says she didn't ask for it, CS is just doing it b/c SF is putting out alot of $$ in CS for his kids now, but that sounds off to us...

It was BM who asked for it, she admitted it to DH on the phone last night. SF has 3 kids he has NEVER made a CS payment for, and the oldest is 12. They are taking the max allowed out of his paychecks, and have cut all BM's assistance, with the exception of FS, which they lowered.So they are hurting, and behind on everything. BM feels it is DH's job to make up some of the difference for SD b/c she (BM) doesn't want to work. 

Lilypie - (ZEi4)

by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrandiGra
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Cs reviews usually happen when someone request them.
elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 2:24 PM

But it would have to be either DH or BM right? 

Quoting BrandiGra: Cs reviews usually happen when someone request them.

Lilypie - (ZEi4)

BrandiGra
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 2:41 PM
In most cases yes but if someone is on government assistance it could be flagged by CS office.

Quoting elisesmom922:

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 3:00 PM

It doesn't matter what SF is paying for CS. That doesn't effect the CS situation between BM and BF.

BM asked for it and is lying. SHE wants more money because SF is paying out more.

megz0511
by Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 3:03 PM
He'll get a financial statement to fill put, he probably did it before during the initial set up of cs. Usually someone asks for a review or in our state they are automatic every 3 years.

Edit. Bm will have to do one too, then you give them to the other parent, the court, and the circuit clerk
ramita
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 3:06 PM
It was more than likely asked for. Yes I believe you will have to go to court or some other type of meeting. Here you see a magistrate, but I have heard of them being done with the caseworker and then it just sent to a judge to sign off on, it just varies area to area. As far as the paperwork I have no clue.
elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 3:18 PM

B/c SF finally got an "over the table" job, she no longer gets any assistance except FS. They took her and her son's SSI.

Quoting BrandiGra: In most cases yes but if someone is on government assistance it could be flagged by CS office.

Quoting elisesmom922:

Lilypie - (ZEi4)

BrandiGra
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 5:20 PM
My guess would be bm asked for it. Even if she won't admit it.
runinpinkshoes
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 6:03 PM
My husband is going through this right now. I don't know the answer to your first question. As of right now all he's had to submit are taxes and W2s and I'm not sure of the next step either.

Regarding who requested it, you can call the CS office and ask. My DH did that (because the letter he got made it sound like it was just random) and the woman he spoke with told him BM requested it.
momof2cuteboys
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 6:24 PM

My guess since she was on assitance they are finally getting to her review.  They do them every 3 years here in my state.  They will send a worksheet to fill out.  You will plug in the amount he makes, amount he pays for insurance ( if applicable) , you will also plug in the amount he pays in CS for other kids ( if applicable), and long distance travel ( if applicable), also some states take into account if you two have children together. It might have more but that is what I remember off the top of my head. Anyway fill it out and send it back in.  They should send you a letter with the new amount.. you can go contest it on the date they gave you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN