Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

The cops, really

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:45 PM
  • 443 Replies
1 mom liked this
Showed up lastnight, to what take my SD's back to BM? The police read the CO that my husband has here at home. BM tried saying my husband wouldn't return her kids for Christmas break. This is my husband's regular scheduled time right now. Thursday-Sunday every other Sunday night. BM had SD's last Sunday night through Tuesday night(Christmas Eve) so she called the cops trying to get her make up days from Christmas(Tuesday Wednesday) this weekend, but as long as I've been in the picture they have never had make up days on either end. The girls will go back to BM for her visit on Monday-Thursday.
BM could careless about the girls. They had to see a cop car parked in front of their home and worry if dad is getting arrested is what they said. I can't believe the BM is still at it. I'm glad the police officer was understanding about this. These poor girls had to see yet again their mom call the cops on their dad. It's not right.
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amantonacci
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:57 PM
3 moms liked this

Why would your step daughters have any idea why the cops were there?

CrunchMaMaBear
by Queen Crunch on Dec. 28, 2013 at 5:06 PM
3 moms liked this
Why would mom call cops to get her kids back if she didn't care
tymama1022
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 5:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Some mothers do it to keep up drama or "to get back", I seen this happen and admitted 3 years later.

Quoting CrunchMaMaBear: Why would mom call cops to get her kids back if she didn't care

tymama1022
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Maybe the cops came while the kids was near the door or something or listening to the conversation between the cops and their dad.

Quoting amantonacci:

AmericanDream
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 5:28 PM
3 moms liked this

The first think I'd do if the cops showed up at my house would be to take my kids to their room and have them shut the door.  Then, I would stand outside with the police office and discuss whatever-their-reason for being there.

If the kids asked about it would just tell them there was a bit of a misunderstanding.

There's no reason that the kids had to know who sent the cops or why unless Mom decided to tell them...

Quoting tymama1022:

Maybe the cops came while the kids was near the door or something or listening to the conversation between the cops and their dad.

Quoting amantonacci:

zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:10 PM
2 moms liked this

So sad for skids...they have a crazy pos for a mom. Feel bad for them and always try to take the high road. Kids will figure it all out in a few years.

shekyram
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Ours is notorious for calling the cops to our home.  She likes to make them do "well checks" which wastes everyone's time because they come, realize they need a gate code and them have to wait to be supplied the code.  SS's know why they are there and that they come because with "wellness checks" the cops have to lay eyes on the children.  Some women need to grow up and get a life.......if she had one she would not be constantly doing this to you family.

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:19 PM
3 moms liked this

There's gotta be more to this story than just BM calling the cops on a whim without first asking if she could have a makeup day for Christmas...

Quoting CrunchMaMaBear: Why would mom call cops to get her kids back if she didn't care

afwife817
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Well b/c when police showed, SD's were in the great room. Also, they were sent to their rooms which face the front of the house. And they are 7 and 8 and have seen BM call cops on dad more than once.

Quoting amantonacci:

afwife817
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:27 PM
That's exactly it. I'm sure she cares about the girls, but not enough not to involve the police when she doesn't get her way.

Quoting tymama1022:

Some mothers do it to keep up drama or "to get back", I seen this happen and admitted 3 years later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)