Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

SD age 22 and BF here to spend the night (in separate rooms). Is this new trend?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:59 PM
  • 36 Replies

Over the Christmas holidays DH asked his daughter, age 22, if she would like to come over this weekend and spend the night and on Sunday morning he would make French toast for her like he did when she was young and then we would all go to church.   Her BF was here at the time so DH invited him to come for breakfast and attend church with us.   Somehow, before I knew it the plans were that my SD was bringing her BF with her to spend the night as well.    This  spending the night at each other's parent's house is nothing new.   My SD stays with her boyfriend and his parents at least two nights a week (they live in the next town from us 12 miles away).   They do not share a bedroom.    Is this a new trend in dating?    I find this a bit odd.   I just don't get it.   Anyone have any experience or knowledge of this?

by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DDDaysh
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I doubt it's a new trend.  I stayed at my high school boyfriend's dad's house a couple of times during school breaks when we were going out, and he stayed over at my parents' house AT LEAST a dozen times.  Now, we did live 300 miles apart (went to a boarding school together), so maybe that's why. 

But I'm thinking about it and my little brothers who have dated locally have often had their girlfriend's spend the night at my parent's house whenever we were having particularly late family parties or leaving somewhere early in the morning.  I'm not sure why it would be a big deal? 

venessaw04
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Respect for the parents wishes, sds boyfriend its probably the norm. There's no harm even if its not how we were raised. dh is probably happy about it
AmericanDream
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:39 AM

She's 22.  An adult.  

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I used to bring my BF home with me when I was in college he would sleep on the couch. Same with when we went to his parents.  We lived a little farther away than 12 miles though.

KnowItAll
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:47 AM
I think it's fine. What part of it are you finding hard to deal with?
zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:30 PM

This....how old are you? Why do you find this odd? I was also spending holidays with my serious boyfriends at her age and I am almost 40

Quoting AmericanDream:

She's 22.  An adult.  

momof2cuteboys
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Would you rather they stayed in the same room?

DDDaysh
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Quoting momof2cuteboys:

Oh...  is that what she was saying???  Why would she want them in the same room?  

momof2cuteboys
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Quoting DDDaysh:

Quoting momof2cuteboys:

Oh...  is that what she was saying???  Why would she want them in the same room?  

I don't know but she doesn't like them in seperate rooms... so I thought maybe she thought that it was old fashioned and didn't see the problem with them in the same room.  LOL I really don't know.LOL

ariesp19
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:57 PM

have you asked them, or just her, why?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)