Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nails

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:18 AM
  • 46 Replies
How often do your children's or skid's nails get cut?
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DDDaysh
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:20 AM
2 moms liked this

Not often enough!  I feel like I'm constantly telling DS to go cut his nails, but they always seem too long.  I'm trying to teach self reliance, but every once in a while it just gets to me and I break out the sheers myself!

progressandjoy
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM
I'm not sure how often BM does it, but I remember one time when they were REALLY overgrown. I was doing my own nails so I offered to clip SS's, but he told me that it was a 'mom job'.

He ended up cutting himself with his nail and let me clip them.
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM

SS7......we check his nails every weekend (his nails break and peel horribly)

sd12 checks her own nails because she gives herself manicures

same with DD9-she does her own nails

cLanief
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I trim my kid's when they get long or broken. My so's kids are teens.. they can do their own... plus one is like her dad and bites her nails so she doesnt need it. Every once in awhile ill attack the youngest and clean up her nails when she's here but she's started doing it herself instead of having talons so im very happy for her :-) lol
minimoo
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM
My two oldest cut their own nails now. The 10 yo likes to keep them a little long now. Ds6 hasn't quite learned to cut them yet. He usually can go for a week or two before he needs them cut.
HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:24 AM
My younger children are toddlers, so as often as I can catch them and ion them down. Maybe every week to ten days. My older kids are teens, so it is on them and I have no clue. My SD is also a teen and does her nails several times a week. Before she moved down here to live with us, her grooming habits weren't that great.
CrunchMaMaBear
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh no you didn't mini!!!
Lmmfao

Ok serious answer. Like never it seems, step kids are always long with dirt underneath, but they are boys and old enough to cut them themselves. My daughter is 2 and omg its like world war 3 trying to cut her nails. I have to because she scraches herself or others unintentionally. I try to get them while she sleeps or while i paint them, because she LOVES her nails painted
minimoo
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:36 AM
;-) Oh yes I did!

ODD was horrible to cut when she was a baby. She would scream like I was murdering her, just at the sight of the clippers. I actually had a neighbor come check bc they were worried she was hurt and something had happened to me. My aunt told me to try nursing her while doing it. That was hard to get the right angle, and let's just say she clamped down and pulled back- yeah, that didn't happen again. Once she hit about 3, it was like a lightbulb went off that said "wait. This isn't so bad, and if I just sit here and stop being a drama queen, it will not take very long."

Quoting CrunchMaMaBear: Oh no you didn't mini!!!

Lmmfao

Ok serious answer. Like never it seems, step kids are always long with dirt underneath, but they are boys and old enough to cut them themselves. My daughter is 2 and omg its like world war 3 trying to cut her nails. I have to because she scraches herself or others unintentionally. I try to get them while she sleeps or while i paint them, because she LOVES her nails painted
momof2cuteboys
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

My oldest does his own.  Probably should look at them since it is not top priority I'm sure. LOL  My middle son likes his short and neat all the time so he lets me know when it is time.  My DD loves getting her nails done daily.  I don't cut them daily obviously but probably every 2 weeks.  We change nail polish every two days... she would rather that be every 2 hours. LOL

thecircus8
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:41 AM
DD6 hates her nails being cut! To the point that she has meltdowns..she has sensory processing disorder so its difficult. My DH does hers because with my carpal tunnel it hurts to have to pull on her hands. The other little ones are no problem. I do it about every week. And thanks for the reminder because my DDs just for back late Thurs night and their Dad didn't cut them.so they are long!

Quoting minimoo: ;-) Oh yes I did!

ODD was horrible to cut when she was a baby. She would scream like I was murdering her, just at the sight of the clippers. I actually had a neighbor come check bc they were worried she was hurt and something had happened to me. My aunt told me to try nursing her while doing it. That was hard to get the right angle, and let's just say she clamped down and pulled back- yeah, that didn't happen again. Once she hit about 3, it was like a lightbulb went off that said "wait. This isn't so bad, and if I just sit here and stop being a drama queen, it will not take very long."

Quoting CrunchMaMaBear: Oh no you didn't mini!!!

Lmmfao

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)