• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much does bm need to know? Is there things we don't have to tell her??

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:42 PM
  • 89 Replies
Dh has primary custody. Lately, especially since we got married, bm has been wanting all sorts of details about our life together. She never asks about ss, but then wants to talk about things between Dh and I.
We're going on a trip. She is pissed that Dh isn't telling her why were going, what we'll be doing, etc. She has emergency numbers and ss will be staying with bm while we're gone. We're only staying 3 nights and it's a Christmas present for Dh.
It's also posted in mc, but I wanted to expand the question further to you ladies.

This comes up other times, but the current issue is the best example lately. So when do we have to tell bm things, and when is it none of her business??
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rache71
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
As long as she has a way to contact you in case of emergency, where you go and what you do is none of her business.
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:46 PM
3 moms liked this

Come on.....do you really have to ask? Of course that is not her business.

CrunchMaMaBear
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Mom is only entitled to information pertaining to her child. If it has nothing to do with her child, its under the category of NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS .
if ss is with her while you're on your trip, she doesn't need any info except emergency , like you said she already has. Its kinda weird she wants to know anyways
Linagma03
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:50 PM

If it doesn't relate directly to the child involved then it is none of her business. If she continues in this manner then you or dh need to come out and tell her point blank that it is NONE of her DAMN business. Sometimes that is what is needed to get thru to some people. 

I also replied in cm: I'd have dh tell her in a fashion guaranteed to piss her off "I'm taking my wife on a very special romantic get away. We'll pick xx up on xx at xx. See ya then." I guess that is just the ass in me when having to deal with people like her. It is not just the fact that she is an X it is the fact that there are just so many people like her out there.

dawnnamarie
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Is that true with day to day things? Like, she'll call when Dh and I are in a loud restaurant and wants to know where we are.
Or we had some friends over for a small poker game once, after the kids were in bed. She saw it on Facebook and called to chew dh's ass out the next morning. (We're not big drinkers and the game was the guys in the basement)

I guess I'm curious which cases we have to answer to her and when it's just flat out none of her business?

Quoting rache71: As long as she has a way to contact you in case of emergency, where you go and what you do is none of her business.
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:55 PM

If it has to do with her child-she has a right to know.

If it has nothing to do with her child, she has no right knowing.

dawnnamarie
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:56 PM
I saw that and loved it. I guess now I'm trying to figure out when a situation would be her business, because shit like this happens ALL the time!

Quoting Linagma03:

If it doesn't relate directly to the child involved then it is none of her business. If she continues in this manner then you or dh need to come out and tell her point blank that it is NONE of her DAMN business. Sometimes that is what is needed to get thru to some people. 

I also replied in cm: I'd have dh tell her in a fashion guaranteed to piss her off "I'm taking my wife on a very special romantic get away. We'll pick xx up on xx at xx. See ya then." I guess that is just the ass in me when having to deal with people like her. It is not just the fact that she is an X it is the fact that there are just so many people like her out there.

dawnnamarie
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:58 PM
So, what if I have girlfriends coming over? We have a girls night every couple weeks where we drink a glass of wine, paint nails and gossip after the kids are in bed. Is that her business? Because she can twist anything to make it "affect ss"

Quoting Tigress22304:

If it has to do with her child-she has a right to know.

If it has nothing to do with her child, she has no right knowing.

MamiJaAyla
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:59 PM

You have to share about SS other than that its none of her business.  She has the emer. number SS is not even on the trip he will be with her so she doesn't need to know.

Dh and you are NONE OF HER BEESWAX.  

SS- school, doctors, any issues etc. okay... other than that. NOPE.

dawnnamarie
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:00 PM
That's why I'm trying to figure out what really counts as involving ss. I'm finally fed up with the nosey act and it's time to put an end to it.

She's gone as far as wanting to know who Dh had over for poker night, or wanting to know why we were going certain places.

Quoting CrunchMaMaBear: Mom is only entitled to information pertaining to her child. If it has nothing to do with her child, its under the category of NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS .

if ss is with her while you're on your trip, she doesn't need any info except emergency , like you said she already has. Its kinda weird she wants to know anyways
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)