Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

insurance problem with ex

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:15 PM
  • 68 Replies
This has to be a shorter story then what actually happened. But my husband is the health ins.carrier. The ex decided to carry secondary ins. On kids, which is fine. But then made each carrier confused...who is primary. My husband had to send the divorce decree to his ins..took decree to work..faxed a copy..did all phone calls etc. Now..The exes insurance wants the same info. She just texted my dh if he could do the faxing etc to her ins. Carrier. Now, she works for a medical office and has no problem using fax machines and can use all sources from the office to do this. She wants dh to this for her. I told him to let her send the info...we had to do all leg work..phone calls, faxing for ours. Now she wants him to this for her. I say no...In the last month or so she has bad talked us, and treats us both very badly. Then...she wants dh to do this. She has every means to take care of this
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

nope only his insurance is his business, hers is hers.

malinda74
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:24 PM
I understand but how soon do you want this sorted out?
chanizen
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:28 PM
5 moms liked this
Bet y'all have spent more time arguing and worrying about it than it would to just send the info and be done with it.

It's annoying, but I would just do it.
LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Yup.

My ex wanted a certified copy of our son's BC. He lives the same town our son was born in, less than 5 miles the office of vital statistics. Did he do it himself? Nope. I did it. And trust me, your BM may be a piece of work, however, my ex is a special snowflake of the I have a lifetime restraining order type, so sometimes you just do stuff, to be the better person.

Quoting chanizen: Bet y'all have spent more time arguing and worrying about it than it would to just send the info and be done with it.

lucyleona
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:52 PM
We want it sorted...but she expects dh to always do all. It's always this way, he fid this stuff when they were married he said. They are not married

Quoting malinda74: I understand but how soon do you want this sorted out?
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:54 PM
I know it's her responsibility to send her ins info but if bio-dad is able to do it for her as a favor it would probably get sorted our faster.

I know ins can be a pain in the ass when secondary ins is involved. Been there done that.
lucyleona
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:55 PM
No arguing, just tired of doing what she should be doing. We have a lot on our plate now. My son is deploying soon, and other problems. She is not married to him anymore

Quoting chanizen: Bet y'all have spent more time arguing and worrying about it than it would to just send the info and be done with it.

lucyleona
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:57 PM
We are always the better person. I'm done. She needs to do this

Quoting LyndaLoo78: Yup.

My ex wanted a certified copy of our son's BC. He lives the same town our son was born in, less than 5 miles the office of vital statistics. Did he do it himself? Nope. I did it. And trust me, your BM may be a piece of work, however, my ex is a special snowflake of the I have a lifetime restraining order type, so sometimes you just do stuff, to be the better person.

lucyleona
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:59 PM
I'm just tired of being used. Always to her advantage. I know I'm being stubborn. Sorry.

Quoting Leigh84: I know it's her responsibility to send her ins info but if bio-dad is able to do it for her as a favor it would probably get sorted our faster.

I know ins can be a pain in the ass when secondary ins is involved. Been there done that.
momof2cuteboys
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:10 PM
2 moms liked this

So here's the thing... you could piss and moan about it or just get it done. Trust me the benefits of having a child double covered outweighs the pissing match you are going through right now.  Once it goes into effect you'll be very happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)