Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what's the custody situation?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:03 PM
  • 63 Replies

Poll

Question: How often do you have the kids?

Options:

EOWE (every other weekend)

More than EOWE, but not 50%.

50%

Custodial (more than 50%)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 94

View Results

I feel like there's been a lot of new people posting lately, so I wanted to take a poll and get an idea of custody schedules. How often do you have your stepkids? BMs, how often do you have your kids?

Me : We have SS an even 50%. It's a 3 - 4 - 4 - 3 schedule. We get him every week Wednesday (or Thursday) night until Sunday night.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:20 PM
I have ds all the time. Except tonight. He is with his grandma!
Dd is with me most of the time. She goes to dads eowe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Polkadotted
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:21 PM

We have the  step kids 100% minus 2-3 days a year.

Doodle39
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Currently we have SS 100% of the time.  BM has the option for supervised visits EOWE.  However, she usually doesn't choose to exercise her custody time.  DH has supervised 3 visits since July, each for a few hours.

CrunchMaMaBear
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Step sons are. Co sat Day sun Day but verbally agreed 50/50. We have them every Friday , Saturday, Sunday and alternate mondays. Its lame we never get a weekend alone , but we would still have dd2 anyways.
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:22 AM

DD6 and DS4 are our children so they are always at home with us, SS12 is supposed to be here every other weekend Fri to Sun evening but visits have been much less than that, DH hasn't had a visit in about 2 months, but he sees him once each week at school and they talk on the phone.

amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:30 AM
DH has primary custody of SD. BM shares joint legal and has standard EOWE.
bellasmom32510
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:34 AM
We have physical custody with BM getting SD one overnight a month/6 weeks is what it ends up being. Although she did go 5 months without getting SD at one point.
jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I'm BM.

On paper (we haven't ever really followed it) our time is split about 40/60 (I have more time) and we have joint legal/physical custody of the boys. 

In Reality, for the last 4 - 5 years anyway, I am residential home.  BF has YDS11 just 1 overnight a week, about 40 overnights a year at this point.  BF has ODS15 about 6 - 10 overnights a year, tops, due to EC commitment that BF allows him to participate in as long as I do all transport (I do) for it.  All activities are through my address, boys attend school in my area (always have). 

So, reality is that I have the YDS11 at least 85% of the time, and ODS15 much more than that.   

achapman
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:38 AM

We get my SK's every other weekend also all summer for the most part and winter/spring breaks. So all their breaks from school and every other weekend I'm sure DH would see them even more but we live over an hour away.

mom2boys664
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:48 AM
All of our kids are with us 100% of the time. Skids BM left the picture 3 years ago and has had zero contact, dh has sole custody and she has no visitation at all per CO. My ex lives in another state and does not see or communicate with ds by his choice, I have sole custody and ex has modified visitation which he has never exercised. We get no CS from BM:BF.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)