Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Men say the funniest things ...

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:56 PM
  • 32 Replies
2 moms liked this

Since BF is incapable of filling in an Excel table with the exact periods of time he wants DD for in 2014, we have no schedule for next year. So a week ago he called me, saying he hadn't managed yet, and could we just arrange the first handover after his part of the winter break to buy him some time. I asked him to have DD back on 4th January, for a family dinner ... he says "oh, take her on the 2nd, that's easier". Fine.

A few days later, he emails me, saying he will return DD on the 5th, and then only take her for 5 days at the end of January, and in the future he'd prefer to just call me at the end of the month to arrange visitation for the following month.

I called him to ask him whether this was going to be yet another attempt to reduce his parenting time and/or make it fit his busy schedule, and to remind him that we had already agreed handover on or before 4th January.

You know what he says ,,, "Wait a minute, I have to ask my wife" ... and, with me on the phone, he says to her "She wants to get her on the 4th, is that okay with you?".

And then they wonder why their exes and current wives don't get along!

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Wow. Just wow.
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
.... I knew that is how most men handle this!! They are just normally better at concealing it!! Dumb ass!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
packermom4ever
by Still The Queen on Jan. 1, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Does he actually believe it matters if it is okay with his wife?

Pero3
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Don't know ... I didn't bother to ask him!

Now, I'd get it (kind of) if it had been the other way around ... i.e. me palming DD off on him! But why should she care whether DD is with me or not?

Quoting packermom4ever:

Does he actually believe it matters if it is okay with his wife?

packermom4ever
by Still The Queen on Jan. 1, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Quoting Pero3:

Don't know ... I didn't bother to ask him!

Now, I'd get it (kind of) if it had been the other way around ... i.e. me palming DD off on him! But why should she care whether DD is with me or not?

Because she is raising your daughter as much as the kid's parents and has as much a right to say if you should be able to get your kid as either you or dad?  At least in their minds?

liz1432
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 5:14 PM

he is such a prick. dont let him get to you.

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Um... wow!

I truly have NO words. Why would it be ANY of her business??

leegirl_jm
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:46 PM

BD was being a jackass, the same jackass you left, what did SM do wrong? 

Tillymommie
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting momof2ex1: .... I knew that is how most men handle this!! They are just normally better at concealing it!! Dumb ass!!

Dh does consult me, but only if its going to involve me having to drive. lol AND because I read your SN and automatically replace it with your real name, I orginally typed out Dh's name.. LOL good thing I re-read before I post

progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

“Let me talk to Prog.”

DH says that all the time. Once I even yelled in the background, “You don't need to talk to Prog!” I know that DH needs more time to think things through and look at a calendar (BM usually makes a request and expects an immediate answer), but I don't appreciate him using me/my approval as the reason for his delay.

Fortunately, BM hasn't held it against me (or at least she hasn't to my knowledge).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)