Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Christmas and gifts from SS5

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 7:59 AM
  • 33 Replies

It's been a minute since I've posted anything however this has come up as of yesterday and I was curious on what everyone would do.  SS5 had a Santa Shop at school weeks ago and DH and him wrote a list and gave him money to spend on gifts for the family.  BM did the same.  Gifts came home and were separated. SS5 wrote who the gifts were for on each tag and apparantly no teacher helped on any of the spelling.  It kind of was a mess but before Christmas DH sat down with SS and opened each one and SS told who each gift was for.  Apperantly, SS changed his mind about a few gifts because he gave me a mug and his mom like a coaster set with purses painted on it (which made sense because purses are her thing).  He stuffed in a bag labeled with his name (SS's name) a sports desk pencil set; and a stuffed animal.  SS5 kept saying he bought it for himself.  My DD and nephews did the same thing in school so we thought nothing of it.  Well, the issue arises that the mug, desk set, and the stuffed animal (oh and a magnet that he gave to his grandmother) is BM's and we have "no right to them".  BM is demanding them all back.  I mean...causing a scene at drop offs demanding.  DH is going to round up the items and let SS5 give them to BM. I'm on the fence about it because it 1 - will break SS's heart and 2 - probably cause another scene.  But on the flip side - keeping it will cause more drama with BM because "everything that is SS's is hers" (including a carseat, blanket and baskets that she took from the daycare last year - they were mine actually). It's just rediculous.

So - just curious on what everyone would do in a stupid sitch like this. 

by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liz1432
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

this is totally ridiculous. just give it to her and be done with this Petty situation. i would also handle next year Santa shop differently. also i would tell her you would like yr items back that she never returned...why didn't you ask for them back then?

bertaboo1
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Oh...DH has asked since last summer every single week...she makes up an excuse each week.  Oh i forgot...oh there's not enough room in my trunk...now its...ive moved and i cant find it. 

Quoting liz1432:

this is totally ridiculous. just give it to her and be done with this Petty situation. i would also handle next year Santa shop differently. also i would tell her you would like yr items back that she never returned...why didn't you ask for them back then?

ChelseNichole
by Chelse on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:58 AM

We gave SS6 money for the workshop at school...and we helped fill out the list for him of who to buy for. BM did nothing. When the gifts came home they were labeled already in little bags. We held onto them and he took the gift he picked for BM with him when he went to her house on Christmas Eve.

Honestly, I think she's being stupid. Why does it matter who helps him sort them. and how does she know which items "her" money purchased vs which items yours did. This makes no sense and I would ignore her.

bertaboo1
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:06 AM

ah....that's what is even more rediculous...her boyfriend (BM's) went with him at school.  That sports pencil organizer is his and he wants it!...seriously...i cannot make this crap up.

Quoting ChelseNichole:

We gave SS6 money for the workshop at school...and we helped fill out the list for him of who to buy for. BM did nothing. When the gifts came home they were labeled already in little bags. We held onto them and he took the gift he picked for BM with him when he went to her house on Christmas Eve.

Honestly, I think she's being stupid. Why does it matter who helps him sort them. and how does she know which items "her" money purchased vs which items yours did. This makes no sense and I would ignore her.

ChelseNichole
by Chelse on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:14 AM

So if it's his...why does it matter which home he uses it/enjoys it in?? That's dumb. For the most part we let SS take stuff back and forth...there are some things though that do not leave our house.. for example...he has an ipod touch for games... it is not to leave our house. BM had a bf that stole tons of stuff from my SS14...so we couldnt risk it. and if he gets excessive with wanting to take stuff we do try to limit it because it doesnt come back and he doesnt have it to play with at our house.

Quoting bertaboo1:

ah....that's what is even more rediculous...her boyfriend (BM's) went with him at school.  That sports pencil organizer is his and he wants it!...seriously...i cannot make this crap up.

Quoting ChelseNichole:

CafeMom Tickers
bertaboo1
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:20 AM

oh no.  you mis understand.  BM's boyfriend wants it (the pencil organizer).  He is demanding it.   and the mug that he gave me? hers...because she is mom.  and the stuffed animal? needs to be given to the baby.  (to BM's baby).  SS has told BM that he gave them to us but she and the boyfriend are demanding that we hand over the merchandise lol. 

In the case of giving "the merchandise" to BM...would you have SS5 give it to her...possibly causing a scene.  or dumping it in a bag and giving it to BM and when SS asks about it...lie and say ya dont know where xyz is at.

Quoting ChelseNichole:

So if it's his...why does it matter which home he uses it/enjoys it in?? That's dumb. For the most part we let SS take stuff back and forth...there are some things though that do not leave our house.. for example...he has an ipod touch for games... it is not to leave our house. BM had a bf that stole tons of stuff from my SS14...so we couldnt risk it. and if he gets excessive with wanting to take stuff we do try to limit it because it doesnt come back and he doesnt have it to play with at our house.

Quoting bertaboo1:

Quoting ChelseNichole:

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:22 AM
I would ignore her. Your dh gave his son money too. She has no clue who money paid for what. If she wants drama over some petty Shit then let her. She is the one letting her crazy show.
ChelseNichole
by Chelse on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:24 AM

He did give BM, her bf, and the baby a gift, right?

Quoting bertaboo1:

oh no.  you mis understand.  BM's boyfriend wants it (the pencil organizer).  He is demanding it.   and the mug that he gave me? hers...because she is mom.  and the stuffed animal? needs to be given to the baby.  (to BM's baby).  SS has told BM that he gave them to us but she and the boyfriend are demanding that we hand over the merchandise lol. 

In the case of giving "the merchandise" to BM...would you have SS5 give it to her...possibly causing a scene.  or dumping it in a bag and giving it to BM and when SS asks about it...lie and say ya dont know where xyz is at.

Quoting ChelseNichole:

Quoting bertaboo1:

Quoting ChelseNichole:

CafeMom Tickers
shoot4thestars
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:35 AM

DH would probably tell her to get over herself and ignore it. 

bertaboo1
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:36 AM

no.  i think that is where all the poop is slinging from honestly.  ss is sort of stuck in the middle of that right now.  there are some allegations against the bf (that BM has herself testified as true) with ss.  there is some animosity there.  i asked why he didnt get the baby anything...ss said that sister is a baby...she doesnt play with anything. and before you think that is horrible to allow that behavior...the baby is slightly developmentally challenged and cannot play with certain toys. he got something for BM...but she wants the mug he got me as well.

Quoting ChelseNichole:

He did give BM, her bf, and the baby a gift, right?

Quoting bertaboo1:

Quoting ChelseNichole:

Quoting bertaboo1:

Quoting ChelseNichole:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN