Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vent. Washcloths.

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:05 PM
  • 62 Replies

I hate sharing a bathroom with two teen boys.

I got tired of having no towels, so I bought them their own towels.  They still used my towels.  So I bought more.  Still use mine.

I got tired of never having a washcloth.  So I bought more.  All it means is there is a hanging pile of used washcloths in the shower and over the shower rail.  I can only ask so many times for them not to do that until I sound petty.

Which it is.  It is petty in the grand scheme of desiring a peaceful steplife.

At the moment I am grateful that my vent is simply about sharing a bathroom with yucky boys.  

Life is easier when we let go off minor, annoying shit.  Like clothes and what someone eats and messy rooms.

Besides, DH and I just bought a new home that we will live in full-time someday.  With an en suite master bedroom.  Sure makes used washcloths less annoying.

What minor annoyance have you let go off in pursuit of peace?

by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thecircus8
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Mess... just clutter and mess from a household of 8. If I fussed about it I would never have a moments peace.

We are planning on a addition with a.master suite....I people..one full bath.

Totally get the washcloth thing, btw.
runinpinkshoes
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't think of any minor annoyances my skids do, but it totally irks me that my husband always loses the caps to water bottles! I save plastic water bottles and freeze Crystal Light in them to take when I'm out or at work, and every time he drinks one he loses the cap, so then we're just down one bottle. 

But he hates that I never fully close lids on childproof bottles. Because they're so stinking hard to open, I don't want to go through it again! Today he spilled a bottle of baby aspirin all over the floor because he lifted it by the lid that I had failed to properly close. :)

So apparently we have a lot of lid issues in this house. 

buttercup627
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:26 PM
I'd take wet wash clothes over sd getting into my make up! She's 8 and her mom doesn't want her in cosmetics which I respect but it doesn't stop her from sneaking into mine.
Taylor5kids
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:50 PM
SD13 & SD11 using 3 towels for EACH shower. One to dry off with, one to wrap their hair in, and now it's become the norm for them to use one to stand on while they are standing at the sink. Uggghh. We have a bath mat, but I guess it's just not good enough. My DH even bought them their own hair wraps for after getting out of the shower, but they either lost them or took them to BMs, but they'll never admit to it. We have 5 kids, and that doesn't include myself or DH. DH and I have both begged for them to cut back on the towels, but instead, they've just added an extra one for the floor here lately.
Taylor5kids :)
CrunchMaMaBear
by Queen Crunch on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:52 PM
7 moms liked this
Boys are so gross
sarycanary
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:00 PM

I have different colored towels for kids to use and neutral for myself and DH. The kids know what color they use and use it until its time to wash. That way if a towel is left on the floor, we know who is to blame. Not directly related to towels but, my mom got tired of my sister and I just throwing clean clothes off our floor into laundry pile when we were teens...she made us start doing our own laundry! Definitely thought us a valuable lesson.  Maybe you SS need to do their own towels?!?

thecircus8
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:05 PM
Seriously. The amount of towels uses in this house make me insane..I have to wash a load everyday...I want two sets of washer/dryers someday.
KreatingMe
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:15 PM

This is so funny to me. My sm was just venting to me about how my dad always uses her towel. She even designated a pink one for her and blue for him and he still used her towel. Lol !

runinpinkshoes
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Totally. I can't imagine sharing a bathroom with teenage boys.

In our house, the kids' bathroom is right by their rooms, so SS13 and SD9 use that, but SD14 refuses to use it and always comes downstairs to use ours. I don't blame her! The kids bathroom can get nasty.

Quoting CrunchMaMaBear: Boys are so gross
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:20 PM
I have a long list of husband annoyances.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured