Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the craziest thing your BM has done?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:18 AM
  • 77 Replies

I was talking to DH last night and we were talking about some of the crazy things bm has done and it got me thinking this morning. Are there any other crazy bm's like ours?

Our BM called my MIL and told her that she was pregnant with DH baby and that she was moving in with DH (we live next door to MIL and FIL) and that I was moving out and leaving my kids and that she was going to raise my kids as hers. I guess she forgot that MIL was the one that took her home from the hospital when she had her hysterectomy and didn't think that DH spoke to his parents enough to know that he had not spoken to her in over a year.

What has your's done?

I got featured! Wow!

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gangof6
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

My SS's mother went to heaven when he was 18 months old, so i don't have to deal with any of that nonsense....BUT, my ex husband's 22 year old GF is a whacko!! She puts me through hell whenever she feels the need. Told my son I stole his jeans. They were the worn in looking jeans. She claimed I Rolled them up real tight and hide them in my purse and stole them. My oldest son (almost 12) told her my purse is really small and i would never do that. LOL physco bitch. They also made me wait 3 1/2 hours in there driveway when it was my time to pick them up. Everyday on my days at 430. They went to a 410 movie. When they were on their way back home they drove right past their driveway, just to mess with me more. All three of my kids were looking out their windows like "what the heck is going on". They know whats up. 

charleyangel317
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Still counts. Our bm is a real work of art. I actually found an article on here called the golden uterus and that described her perfect.

Quoting gangof6:

My SS's mother went to heaven when he was 18 months old, so i don't have to deal with any of that nonsense....BUT, my ex husband's 22 year old GF is a whacko!! She puts me through hell whenever she feels the need. 

CrunchMaMaBear
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Umm . Nothing. She's not crazy, she's a decent person
charleyangel317
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

You are one of the rare ones that has a bm that is actually respectable then. Wish we could all be this lucky.

Quoting CrunchMaMaBear: Umm . Nothing. She's not crazy, she's a decent person

ramita
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:53 AM
So many things I couldn't list. However she is mentally unstable and has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, manic depression, and ocd, and she's off her meds so yeah it comes with the territory. We haven't seen or heard from her in almost a year though, and until she gets help I would rather it stay that way.
Birdseed
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Overall, I actually get along pretty well with BM (now).  But for awhile there, it was kind of hairy. Not nastiness, but boundaries. Like physical boundaries--coming into our home without permission.

Some of the highlights from the first few years:

1) BM letting herself into the house at 6:30AM to fetch some homework that the kids had forgotten. No call. No text.  Just came in. I was just dating DH at the time and it freaked me the heck out as we were still in bed.

2) Coming home one day after work to find that my dog was gone.  About 30 min later, BM arrived with my dog and said "Oh, I just wanted to take him for a walk."

3) The final straw was one day when BM called to ask if she could stop by and borrow a table & chairs.  I told her that she needed to make arrangements with DH (she had a history at this point of coming in and taking things without permission.)  She elected to not call him, went on over.  Took the table and chairs. Locked one dog in a bathroom, let the young puppy out of his crate (which resulted in destruction).  When I got home, I rang her on up, told her to bring the stuff back.  And then made her repeat after me that she'd never cross the threshhold in this house again without express consent of one of the two adults who lived here.  I have never been a yeller, and I'm fairly non confrontational, but I had just HAD it with her coming into the house and taking things.  When I was done, she was in tears.  Sent her mother over with the table and chairs.  ExMIL threw all of the stuff in our front yard and proceeded to scream at DH out in the front yard, in front of the kids about what a crazy bitch I was, how I made her daughter cry, etc etc.  Later that night, we had to attend a thing at the kids' school--complete with visiting with BM and exMIL.  It was lovely.  Like it never even happened. 

4) Getting a call from my next door neighbor that BM was stuck in our doggy door.  (by this time, we had changed locks)

Now that we live in a different state, no more good stories.  I'm cool w/ that.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:57 AM

BM's primary crazy behaviour was when she assaulted me, she has done and said other things but I know that was due to hurt and anger, those I don't really care about, not my problem but the assault is and will always be a problem.

Otherwise, we haven't had any interaction, DH deals with her, she is his mistake not mine.

Eternity807
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:03 AM

BM broke in to DH's house and took everything she had ever given him as a gift (mostly clothing) and posted it for sale on Craigslist.  Her excuse, DH wasn't paying her child support.  SS was 4 months old and DH had him 50% of the time.  There was not a child support or court order in place.  DH had her served papers for sole physical custody when she showed up to court for the trespassing.    

kellynh
by Kelly on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this

Nothing. She's a good mom and the kids love her to pieces. 

minimoo
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:18 AM
I forgot about the doggy door. Boundaries with some people lol

Quoting Birdseed:

Overall, I actually get along pretty well with BM (now).  But for awhile there, it was kind of hairy. Not nastiness, but boundaries. Like physical boundaries--coming into our home without permission.

Some of the highlights from the first few years:

1) BM letting herself into the house at 6:30AM to fetch some homework that the kids had forgotten. No call. No text.  Just came in. I was just dating DH at the time and it freaked me the heck out as we were still in bed.

2) Coming home one day after work to find that my dog was gone.  About 30 min later, BM arrived with my dog and said "Oh, I just wanted to take him for a walk."

3) The final straw was one day when BM called to ask if she could stop by and borrow a table & chairs.  I told her that she needed to make arrangements with DH (she had a history at this point of coming in and taking things without permission.)  She elected to not call him, went on over.  Took the table and chairs. Locked one dog in a bathroom, let the young puppy out of his crate (which resulted in destruction).  When I got home, I rang her on up, told her to bring the stuff back.  And then made her repeat after me that she'd never cross the threshhold in this house again without express consent of one of the two adults who lived here.  I have never been a yeller, and I'm fairly non confrontational, but I had just HAD it with her coming into the house and taking things.  When I was done, she was in tears.  Sent her mother over with the table and chairs.  ExMIL threw all of the stuff in our front yard and proceeded to scream at DH out in the front yard, in front of the kids about what a crazy bitch I was, how I made her daughter cry, etc etc.  Later that night, we had to attend a thing at the kids' school--complete with visiting with BM and exMIL.  It was lovely.  Like it never even happened. 

4) Getting a call from my next door neighbor that BM was stuck in our doggy door.  (by this time, we had changed locks)

Now that we live in a different state, no more good stories.  I'm cool w/ that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)