Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

seriously bm? *edit*

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:56 PM
  • 23 Replies
So I'm relaxing about to read my devotional for the day when I get a phone call and miss it because it took MW too long to get the phone off child lock. When I do get off child lock I see my oldest step daughter has been texting the last 10 monutes . today there was a 2 hour delay for school and she didn't know when the bus was supposed to show up so it passed her house because she wasn't waiting outside. So she asked her mom if she could take her and she told her no because her sister has an appointment. She asked if I could go get her. Its 5 min till the bell rings so I rush out to get her. Got her to school 15 min late. What I'm so frustrated about is her mom couldnt just come a little earlier for the appointment and get her to school I live right next to the school they know they can come by and hang if they have to wait they do it often. Ugh bm drives me insane sometimes.
Sorry so long but I needed to vent

*edit* from what I can sew I'm being harsh on bm my sd needs to take more responsibility for herself. I wouldn't be so harsh if the other one actually went to school and this ones trying although they are use to everything being handed to them. So if sd come by after school I'll explain to her how to keep track AND how the bus works

thank you ladies I'm not so grouchy
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I probably wouldn't have taken her either if I was BM. She screwed up and BM didn't want to 'reward' her with a ride. Of course it depends on how old SD is and if she had any other way to school.

We live 4 blocks from our school and our kids know that if they miss the bus, they have to walk...unless its my fault.

jenesis509
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:05 PM
They didn't know it was a delay it's icy and cold and they live outside city limits a little too long to walk she is 14 though probably could have figured some stuff out if it wasn't auck a long half hour walk I'd have made her walk too when she stays over we are just down the road I'd have made her walk

Quoting SassyMom25:

I probably wouldn't have taken her either if I was BM. She screwed up and BM didn't want to 'reward' her with a ride. Of course it depends on how old SD is and if she had any other way to school.

We live 4 blocks from our school and our kids know that if they miss the bus, they have to walk...unless its my fault.

SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Quoting jenesis509: They didn't know it was a delay it's icy and cold and they live outside city limits a little too long to walk she is 14 though probably could have figured some stuff out if it wasn't auck a long half hour walk I'd have made her walk too when she stays over we are just down the road I'd have made her walk

Quoting SassyMom25:

Then I would say it was on Mom, as she should have some way of finding those things out, right? We have a texting system that lets us know when there is a school delay or cancellation.

jenesis509
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Well her reasoning was well your sisters not going to school you stay home too but she really likes school and wants to go her sister is always missing school for everything her period even she report it often it's a ongoing battle

Quoting SassyMom25:

Quoting jenesis509: They didn't know it was a delay it's icy and cold and they live outside city limits a little too long to walk she is 14 though probably could have figured some stuff out if it wasn't auck a long half hour walk I'd have made her walk too when she stays over we are just down the road I'd have made her walk

Quoting SassyMom25:

Then I would say it was on Mom, as she should have some way of finding those things out, right? We have a texting system that lets us know when there is a school delay or cancellation.

packermom4ever
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:34 PM

a half hour walk is not that long.  we have a lot of walkers who take that long around here due to how they can't ride the bus (school rule due to living too close to the school).  Crap happens.  Lesson learned for the kid.  
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:37 PM

I still say its on the kid.  If there is a two hour delay then doesn't that mean the bus would run two hours after its usual time.  Like if the bus runs at 7:15 then the bus would have been there at 9:15.

soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Our kids had 2 hour delays yesterday and today. This is exactly what it means even my 8 year old knew to go to the bus stop at 10 because she usually goes at 8.

Quoting GlockMom:

I still say its on the kid.  If there is a two hour delay then doesn't that mean the bus would run two hours after its usual time.  Like if the bus runs at 7:15 then the bus would have been there at 9:15.

***Briterican***

packermom4ever
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Quoting GlockMom:

It is on the kid totally.  My 12 year old has late start once a week most of the time.  If school begins at the regular time for some reason it is on her to let me know so we get here there on time. 

If a 11/12 year old (has been at this school for two years) can do it, so can a 14 year old.

soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:41 PM

and appointments can be difficult to miss and can even cost you money for missing or being late so I probably would have said just stay home too.

jenesis509
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Thats what I told her she didn't get it until after I explained it to her

Quoting GlockMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)