Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All these "craziest thing" posts. What about you?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:25 PM
  • 36 Replies

What in hindsight is the craziest thing you did as SM or BM?

I was a crazy assed angry hurt bitch of a BM at first.  I admit it.  Non-stop for about a year.  Lucky for OW/SM, she stayed off my radar other wise I can't imagine what I would have done.

I do remember one time before DDs knew about her, they came home with a book that "daddy's friend SM" said they would enjoy.  I took it away and told them it was way to mature for them.  And threw it away.  I have no fucking clue if it was too mature or not, I just didn't want anything from her in my home.

Another time, ODD was wearing a necklace she found at daddy's.  Some cheap piece of shit thing.  Unfortunately, she lost it.  Well, I found it on her bed, broke it in half and threw it away.

So I was a bitch, but didn't do anything really awful.

And as a SM, my biggest regret was forcing myself on to BMs radar.  I thought they had a fabulous relationship, found out I was wrong, and really, really wish I had just not tried to be more than DHs wife.  Like I am now.

So what did you do that was crazy?

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:31 PM

i will c n p i put it in one of the other posts.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:34 PM

as a BM, the first time i found out for sure my kids dad took my then 2 year old to his gf house (he had cheated w her) i went to her apartment complex at 8 am, didnt know exactly what apt she lived in so i went tob the manager office and she actually TOLD me! went to her door and knocked like the cops and when my kids dad looked out the window i made a scene and he then gave me my kid. i am so embarrased now, lol. i was also 22 and pregnant. hormones!

^ that was c n p from other post. i never did anything to her directly but i pointedly ignored her whenever i saw her the first few years. he was with her for seven years. i know he cheated on her too. i know he slapped her at least once. once she had my kids half sister i soke to her. we arent friends but we are civil, hes not with her anymore but i want my kids to have a relationship w their sister.

thecircus8
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Same here I was really angry and pissed for about 4 months.

I found out that BF was going to Vegas with his GF (who I affectionately called the hooker for loong time) instead of coming to see his kids. I posted a lot of crap on FB about and refused his calls to the kids for weeks. Basically I was an ass about it. My exMIL called me and very nicely set me straight that that wasn't the way to handle it, although she agreed that it was a dumb thing for BF to do. I found out that the hooker was paying for the entire trip. I felt really bad and changed my attitude completely. Since then we haven't had any issues.
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I once threatened to strangle BM. In my defense she was trying to phyiscally push herself into the delivery room less than 10 minutes after DS had been born. I wouldn't exactly say I was in my right state of mind. Interesting enough, she never complained about that in court, LMAO

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM
This was BEFORE I married my ex. I was pregnant with dd but we were not married nor did we live together. My ex had another girlfriend but was still with me. Lol I know!! And I still married him!! Anyway -

We were having a house built that was about an hour from where I was currently living. He was only a few miles from the new house.

I pulled up to the house after work to check on construction and I saw a weird car parked in the drive way. But I knew he wasn't there bc he was done the road helping a new neighbor install some cable. I saw HIS truck down there.

So I go in to the house and there stands his other gf in the living room looking around. I at 6 months pregnant - ran out of the house ALL the way down the street to where he was and just went OFF. I have no clue what I said. But there was a lot of threats. A lot of you'll never see us again. Im leaving!! Then I ran all the way back to the house and went off on her.

Two days later I was put on hospitalized bed rest for pre eclampsia.

I banned him from my room.

I moved in with him a month later and we got married.

Never saw the gf again. She didn't want the drama so she moved on. But in order to stop that relationship her and I had to confront him together and make him choose. Sometimes I wish he would have chosen her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:46 PM
I have a good BM story. Where is that post?? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:46 PM

I had people like you MIL in my life who kept me from doing anything worse.

BF and I still have issues, but that is just because he is crazy.  The difference now is I am not emotionally vested in him being different.  When I get mad at dumb ass things, I am just mad at dumb ass things.  Not mad and disappointed and lecturing about why he is wrong.

Quoting thecircus8: Same here I was really angry and pissed for about 4 months.

I found out that BF was going to Vegas with his GF (who I affectionately called the hooker for loong time) instead of coming to see his kids. I posted a lot of crap on FB about and refused his calls to the kids for weeks. Basically I was an ass about it. My exMIL called me and very nicely set me straight that that wasn't the way to handle it, although she agreed that it was a dumb thing for BF to do. I found out that the hooker was paying for the entire trip. I felt really bad and changed my attitude completely. Since then we haven't had any issues.

thecircus8
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I can appreciate the good things about BF now. He adores his girls, always pays CS and is going to voluntary double it this summer, and is really musically talented. All the other crap I don't worry about, in fact DH and I get a good laugh about his dating issues! My exinlaws are really great. I'm lucky to have that relationship.

Quoting pdxmum:

I had people like you MIL in my life who kept me from doing anything worse.

BF and I still have issues, but that is just because he is crazy.  The difference now is I am not emotionally vested in him being different.  When I get mad at dumb ass things, I am just mad at dumb ass things.  Not mad and disappointed and lecturing about why he is wrong.

Quoting thecircus8: Same here I was really angry and pissed for about 4 months.

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:53 PM
Ill c n p my response to my craziest moment.
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:55 PM
Craziest thing I've done as a bm- found out my exh was hiding a woman and her kids at his house with my kids whose husband was making death threats and looking for with a small armery in tow. I found this out at the end of my shift at 3 am. I showed up at his back door (it was technically still mine we weren't divorced yet only legally separated). And demanded either my children or the threat (the girl and her kids). Needed to leave. He slammed the door in my face and I pounded on it so hard I put my fist and arm through it. (Which is funny to people that lnow me bc im tiny) Cops came and I explained the situation and he gave his side. Cops told him either he gives me the kids or she needed to leave. Then I spent many hours in the ER getting my arm stitched back together.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)