Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

"Mom needs to mind her own business UNLESS there is abuse"

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:05 PM
  • 232 Replies
4 moms liked this

So, kids stop being their parents child when they are in other places and the parents shouldn't be concerned for their child when the child isn't with them?  The kid ceases to be their parents business when they are away from their parents?  How would a parent even know if there is abuse going on if they are supposed to turn a blind eye to what goes on with their child when they are with dad and SM?  

The mentality baffles me.

So, the question is: Why do some SMs actually believe that a child is no longer their mother's business when the child is with dad and SM?  

by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slashteddy
by Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:07 PM
4 moms liked this
Mobile needs sweet peas. Imagine a sweet pea eating popcorn. That's what my reply would be.
CrunchMaMaBear
by Queen Crunch on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Who believes this?
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:10 PM
3 moms liked this
Of course the kid is always both parents "business" I think this mentality you speak of is more related to tense custody situations, and is directed to the parent who is trying to micromanage the other home.

Early on, SO did feel that way, because BM and he were not civil. Now they are, of course BM knows what goes on in our home. She also doesn't try to micromanage anymore.
tinybluemoon
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:11 PM
6 moms liked this

I don't think anybody believes that. However, many believe that the stepmother and fathers lives are not her business and they would be correct.

annabl1970
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:17 PM
4 moms liked this
Hmm I see more of "BF needs to mind his business unless there is an abuse which can be reported to CPS"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shanlee42
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Oddly enough my DH sort of feels this way. He feels like he trusts mom enough to handle everything when his son is there and feels mom should give him the same respect. Even when it comes to people being around his son, he trusts moms judgement about the guy she is dating or her friends, etc. With that said, they are now communicating much better and are telling each other things they didn't in the past so there is more sharing going on.
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting packermom4ever:

So, the question is: Why do some SMs actually believe that a child is no longer their mother's business when the child is with dad and SM?  

I am assuming, because they don't have children so they don't know what it  means to be a mother.

minimoo
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:42 PM
4 moms liked this
I agree.

And usually, the sms who say this are the ones who want to be the child's mom themselves and do not respect the child's actual mom as the mother.

Quoting whatIknownow:

Quoting packermom4ever:

I am assuming, because they don't have children so they don't know what it  means to be a mother.

cLanief
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Because theyre with their FATHER also. The one other person in the child's life who SHOULD be watching out for their own child's well being. Kids usually have TWO parents. I despise my x but you bet your ass id expect him to kill for our children and keep their best intrest ahead of a gf or new wife.
packermom4ever
by Still The Queen on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting cLanief: Because theyre with their FATHER also. 
How does the child being with the other parent mean the child ceases to be both parents business?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)