Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

My SS left my LO at home by themselves

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:27 AM
  • 31 Replies
So last night my SS girlfriend came over to hang out for a little while. When she was ready to go home my SS asked me if I could take her home and like always I said sure, and I asked if he could watch his siblings(6, 5 and 2 yr old) while I dropped her off because it was around 9:30 and I didn't want to take the kids out. He is 17 and told me sure he could watch them.

I get home about 30 min later and he was gone. My LO are still watching tv and the front door was unlocked. I called my DH because I was pissed and he really didn't care. I'm glad they were safe, but pissed that I even trusted him to watch them.
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiafez
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:33 AM
4 moms liked this

explain why you were upset and do not leave him with the kids again. if he needs you to drive his girlfriend home next time, explain that you do not wish to take the children out so you cannot give her a ride and they will need to make other arrangements. 

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Well, live and learn.

Sassymama7
by New Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:37 AM
Quoting tiafez:

explain why you were upset and do not leave him with the kids again. if he needs you to drive his girlfriend home next time, explain that you do not wish to take the children out so you cannot give her a ride and they will need to make other arrangements. 

I'm upset that I asked my SS to watch his younger siblings while I did him a favor and he left them at home by themselves. If I were to say that I left my kids at home while I went to the store so many people would have negative comments to make but because my 17 yo did it I shouldn't be upset.
annabl1970
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:39 AM
2 moms liked this
No more favors for SS and his GF

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandy_yanna13
by Manda on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:54 AM
I agree with this. You should definitely say this to your husband. It sounds like he is an ass if he doesn't care that your babies where left home alone at those young ages.

Quoting tiafez:

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:58 AM
2 moms liked this

I think she meant, explain to HIM, not to us. We get it.

Quoting Sassymama7:
Quoting tiafez:

I'm upset that I asked my SS to watch his younger siblings while I did him a favor and he left them at home by themselves. If I were to say that I left my kids at home while I went to the store so many people would have negative comments to make but because my 17 yo did it I shouldn't be upset.

PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd be furious with him. And I'd let him know his girlfriend is to make other arrangements from now on. If he was leaving anyway, why did the take her home?

Humility1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 12:43 PM
I would be pissed off, I honestly think that dh should be concerned about this and because stepson did this, there should be consequences for this behavior. He is old enough to know right from wrong. If I was you I'd tell dh to think of consequences because its just not right.
GlockMom
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this
No one said that. What was said was to tell him what you are upset about and then let him know because of this you won't be accommodating him getting GF home anymore. They will have to find her another ride.

Quoting Sassymama7:
Quoting tiafez:

GlockMom
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Oh, forgot to say. I would be fucking pissed!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)