Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Repeating conversations

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:43 PM
  • 61 Replies
I have a 22yo stepdaughter staying at our house for 6 months while she goes to school. She listens to every conversation my husband & I have & she repeats it to her mother & whoever will listen. I can't even whisper, she hears it & what she can't hear she fills in with wrong information. How can I stop this short of my husband & I stop talking to each other?
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Tell her to move out and get her own place.  She's an adult.  If she can't keep confidentiality in your home, she can go live on her own and blab things that she says in her own place.

What does your DH have to say about this?

Stepmomj
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:54 PM
She's hear for 6 months to go to school, then she goes back up north, 1100 miles away. My husband (her dad) has tried to talk to her, as I have. She doesn't stop nor respect our privacy.
Stepmomj
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:55 PM
What is DH?
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:57 PM

I'd snap on her ass....I don't care if she's an adult sd or not-that's disrespectful.

Have DH tell her to shape up or she can find somewhere else to live.

Stepmomj
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:59 PM
What is DH?
som610
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:00 PM
I have no advice because my SD has done this same thing since she was 6. We just don't talk about anything important when she is around. We talk at night in bed or text.. Lol
Taylor5kids
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:02 PM
I would seriously be questioning her maturity level if she's still playing those kind of games. For a college student, she obviously has too much time on her hands. Tell her to go hangout with her own group of friends, and make sure to tell her that you will have no problem filling her BM in on the details of her personal life.
Stepmomj
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:02 PM
I can't tell her to move out, it was my idea to help her with school, because her mother can't & won't do it for her. But I need for her to stop texting her mother everytime something is said. I need other suggestions please.
kellynh
by Kelly on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Dear (or damn) husband

Quoting Stepmomj: What is DH?

Stepmomj
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:04 PM
What is BM & DH mean?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured