Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bare minimum parenting.........

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:19 PM
  • 47 Replies

What's with all the bare necessities parenting style? Shelter, food and toilet paper one poster of a 3 year old just put.

Is this it for real? Did I fuck up? Or is this just for steps?

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:21 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't understand that mentality. I suppose if thats all you can afford then it makes sense but then I wouldn't have chosen to bring a child into the world and care for them if thats all I could afford.

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:23 PM

wth?! I just couldn't do that for a child...any child. I would always try to engage with them and provide them with whatever made them happy.....and I'd slap DH if he did just the bare minimum.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont think thats all that is necessary. but some ppl are just poor. trust me, even though we are poor, my teen sons have iphones, ss12 and 10 have itouches, ss12 and ds15 have ps3's and ds19 has a laptop. but we had to save up for these things. and if it was that or food, guess what wed get.

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Tigress22304:

wth?! I just couldn't do that for a child...any child. I would always try to engage with them and provide them with whatever made them happy.....and I'd slap DH if he did just the bare minimum.

" Here lil Johnny...go play with this roll of toilet paper. It should help you with your eye-hand coordination" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:27 PM
3 moms liked this

would someone like to hint me in the direction of the post?

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting baparrot2:

Quoting Tigress22304:

" Here lil Johnny...go play with this roll of toilet paper. It should help you with your eye-hand coordination" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

sd12 would just roll her eyes and chuck it at you.

ss7 would say "really kat?! do you know how much this costs?!" and put it back in the bathroom

DD9 would be teepeeing my entire house and saying "Look mommy I made a mess!" then use the dirder (the cardboard tube) as a spyglass

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Birds post. New poster. Pregnant with a 3 year old I think. Ran down a list of what kids should have. I found the list retarded. So....I posted about it. LOL

Quoting soonergirl980:

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:33 PM
Me too

Quoting soonergirl980:

babie113
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:36 PM
my aunt and uncle are like that and they are not poor .just heartless tightwads
WickedPissah
by 2Sexy4MyStoma on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:42 PM
They cost less, you didn't know?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)