Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Calling SM dad...

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:34 AM
  • 114 Replies
6 moms liked this

Why not?  KId just wants to give SM a parental title, dad sees no big deal, says it isn't disrespectful to give his wife one, so why not give her his instead of moms?  He isn't mom so it isn't title to give away, but dad is.  

So, if the kid loves SM so very much and she is just doing all this work for the kid that dad should be doing but isn't and the kid wants to show how much they love the woman with a title, why don't SM and dad encourage the kid calling her dad?  

After all, it's just a word and it means absolutely nothing so it shouldn't matter that she is called dad, right?

by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daddysgf
by and that's all on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:42 AM
2 moms liked this

I LOVE this.

SM36477
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:48 AM
2 moms liked this
My SS is welcome to call me Dad, if he so chooses. He can call me Granny, Uncle or Cousin, I don't care.
thecircus8
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Love it packer! Its just a word... RIGHT!?!
soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I still don't agree with giving SM any parental name but if there HAS to be one I think this is an excellent idea.

amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:50 AM
I think that would be perfect! What what about the sm's that have the kids call her mom despite how dad feels about it?
Taylor5kids
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Hahaha. This one made me smile.

You're so right.
kellynh
by Kelly on Jan. 20, 2014 at 12:25 PM

I love the idea!! 

packermom4ever
by Still The Queen on Jan. 20, 2014 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting amantonacci: I think that would be perfect! What what about the sm's that have the kids call her mom despite how dad feels about it?

If a kid is ignoring his father and calling his SM mom despite dad saying no, there are more issues than the parental title.  

And I foresee a marriage with that kind of disrespect having some issues at some point.

packermom4ever
by Still The Queen on Jan. 20, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Quoting SM36477: My SS is welcome to call me Dad, if he so chooses. He can call me Granny, Uncle or Cousin, I don't care.

Anything but butthead, right?  Because that is just disrespectful to you.

Most parents teach their child that a cow is a cow, not a horse, that a dog is a dog, not a cat.  

Why would anyone teach a kid that a SM is a mom or a dad or a grandma to them when they aren't?   

However, let's pretend that this were to happen - "hey, dad, can I..." which of you is going to answer the kid?  Will it not get confusing to be called a name you aren't?

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Blah-I'll keep my "girlfriend'' title

I just asked SS if he'd call me dad and he said "Dad's a boy's name,you're a girl so you get a girl's name. So you're stuck with girlfriend"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN