Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After lots of help My step Daughter didn't tell us she had her baby!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 7:48 PM
  • 280 Replies
1 mom liked this

My step daughter is 18 and will be 19 in a few months.    She got pregnant and we have been helping her as much as possible since we are 2 hours away.   We stocked her up on basics.   Diapers, wipes, baby lotion and baby wash.  I picked out clothes of all ages so she wouldn't be out at any point  And got some of the other stuff she needed after her baby shower happened (which we weren't invited) and I even through her one with my husbands side of the family.  We gave her some money to help her move into her own place.   We gave her some stuff for her first place (a couch, bed, towels, kitchen supplies ect).  We started paying for her phone again.    

She had her baby TWO WEEKS AGO.   And the only reason we found out is because we went there with more stuff for her and her baby.  (she wasn't due till this Thursday).   She didn't even bother to call US on the phone we PAY for.  I checked she made over 30 phone calls and tons of texts.  None to us!!!.   I am so pissed.   I don't know what to do.   how COULD she do this to my husband.   Her sisters are so upset they didn't get to go see her and the baby in the hospital.

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:02 PM
46 moms liked this
Sounds like it's time to stop helping her. Did she say why shr didn't call?
BellaByrdie
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:12 PM
16 moms liked this
She got tired and forgot. She called 30 different numbers and did at least 100 texts that day. But not us. I agree its time to cut off the help. She clearly doesn't appreciate it.
Quoting luckystars2012: Sounds like it's time to stop helping her. Did she say why shr didn't call?
malinda74
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:19 PM
3 moms liked this
Is there any problems between her parents or between you and her mom?
AnnaNonamus
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:21 PM
13 moms liked this

Yeah, time for some tough love. Shut off the phone, and let her know you are there to support her emotionally, but financially, she is on her own. 

BellaByrdie
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:24 PM

None that we are aware of really.  At least not anymore.  We had problems before because she kept moving and would NEVER tell us where she was and we had to hunt them down.    Granted my husband doesn't really like her mother (she is a GREEDY take whatever you can get kind of woman) but he is always really nice to her.   And I have never had a problem with her.  They were done LONG before I came into the picture (she was on her 3rd husband when we met).  f

Quoting malinda74: Is there any problems between her parents or between you and her mom?

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:24 PM
9 moms liked this

Maybe she wants a little peace and quiet with her baby. Maybe she didn't want anyone coming to the hospital.

I don't think she "did" anything to your husband. I don't understand the issue.

malinda74
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I was thinking maybe SD didn't want any drama at the hospital...but op stated relationship was ok between parents and sm. She really should have called dad but maybe her relationship with him isn't that close?

Quoting whatIknownow:

Maybe she wants a little peace and quiet with her baby. Maybe she didn't want anyone coming to the hospital.

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:35 PM
10 moms liked this

Reading this I get the feeling you were trying to buy her love... but it didn't work, and now you're pissed off so you are not going to do anything for her anymore.

Maybe she knew you were fake. and that's why she doesn't want to be close to you?

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

This is NOT what your previous posts have said. Stop trying to buy your SDs love. If you want to give with no strings attached because you or DH care about her then do it if you can't then stop. Buying someones love rarely turns out well.

Quoting BellaByrdie:

None that we are aware of really.  At least not anymore.  We had problems before because she kept moving and would NEVER tell us where she was and we had to hunt them down.    Granted my husband doesn't really like her mother (she is a GREEDY take whatever you can get kind of woman) but he is always really nice to her.   And I have never had a problem with her.  They were done LONG before I came into the picture (she was on her 3rd husband when we met).  f

Quoting malinda74: Is there any problems between her parents or between you and her mom?

***Briterican***

BellaByrdie
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:40 PM
8 moms liked this

She didn't even bother to let us know she had her daughter.  She called 30 different people after her daughter was born.   She TEXTED over 100 times in the 3 after she was born. 

But she had a TON of visitors.   She had everyone sign like you do with graduation she will put the newborn - in the hospital pic in it,  (my idea for her by the way)   It was COVERED!!!!  and it was all from the hopital only.

She didn't even bother.  had she said.  Shes here But I want it to just be us or family (which is would still be crappy since her mother and 2 sisters and brother were there for the birth) that is one thing. 

She NEVER bothered to tell us at all. Not the next day.   Not after she got home.  Not after a week.  We only found out when we showed up at her doorstep with more stuff for her.

Do you really NOT see the problem with her not bothering to tell her father?

Quoting whatIknownow:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured