Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Need advice... Going crazy cuz of BM

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:04 AM
  • 274 Replies
Ok so 5 months ago we had our baby girl, and at that time my SS was playing football, it never started on time I was never home before my husband, so it started causing problems, now BM wants to place him in sports again but this time both my husband and I grew to say no, but she won't stop texting and calling us trying to make us change our minds, honestly I don't want to cuz the less I see here the better not to mention I just had a baby and don't need all that drama, and we only have him 3 weekends out of the months, I guess my question is, Is my husband and I obligated to take him to his practices and games on our weekends?
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:06 AM
8 moms liked this

Why not stay home with your baby and let your husband take SS to his games? It would be a good chance for your husband to bond with his son.

korra2013
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Not unless it's in your court order. Most court orders say that t parents must not schedule activities that would effect another parent visitation.
cjsmommie98
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:08 AM

the way Indiana guidelines are is the kid should not suffer ...if the parents live reasonably close then the child should still get to do sports and EC,s 

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:09 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting korra2013: Not unless it's in your court order. Most court orders say that t parents must not schedule activities that would effect another parent visitation.

It seems that taking his son to his games would be a good activity they can do together. It would add to the visitation experience, not take away from it.

korra2013
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:10 AM
2 moms liked this
I didn't say that. I just answered her question

Quoting whatIknownow:

Quoting korra2013: Not unless it's in your court order. Most court orders say that t parents must not schedule activities that would effect another parent visitation.

It seems that taking his son to his games would be a good activity they can do together. It would add to the visitation experience, not take away from it.

Carolina0319
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:11 AM
My husband works construction, so he works out of town all the time and am left with BM drama :( there's nothing in the court order that says we have to take him or we don't have to!!
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:15 AM

I assume on the weekends when your husband is out of town, your SS stays with his mother. She can take  him to football herself, right?

What BM drama?

Quoting Carolina0319: My husband works construction, so he works out of town all the time and am left with BM drama :( there's nothing in the court order that says we have to take him or we don't have to!!

Carolina0319
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:19 AM
Nope if my husband is out of town I still pick him up Fridays and she comes gets him Sundays, (sorry I am so used to saying baby mama drama!!!)
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:21 AM
6 moms liked this

Well, maybe it would be best if he stayed with his mother on those weekends. That would give you more time to relax with your baby, and your SS could play football. Problem solved.

or, Mom could come pick him up from your house, take him to football, and then bring him back.  

I am still not seeing any drama here.

Quoting Carolina0319: Nope if my husband is out of town I still pick him up Fridays and she comes gets him Sundays, (sorry I am so used to saying baby mama drama!!!)

HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Let him do the sport, but let BM know that she will have to bring him to you after the game on the weekends your husband is out of town. This doesn't sound complicated.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN